• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • apdbobby

Jun 12, 2013
    Easton
    Guys this bill and the others are the beginning of total gun confiscation!!! Not to sound dramatic! But think about were it will go after this! Put FFL dealers out of business! Limited ammo purchases! No more long guns that are semi auto! Limit magazines to a capacity that no gun manufacturers make! Well unless you count .380’s

Point is we have to do something! What? Coming together as a community. Looking at replacing some of these law markers. Giving to a fund like MSI.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Guys this bill and the others are the beginning of total gun confiscation!!! Not to sound dramatic! But think about were it will go after this! Put FFL dealers out of business! Limited ammo purchases! No more long guns that are semi auto! Limit magazines to a capacity that no gun manufacturers make! Well unless you count .380’s

Point is we have to do something! What? Coming together as a community. Looking at replacing some of these law markers. Giving to a fund like MSI.

Hmm how to put this delicately, no shit Sherlock.

And what are they going to do with it? As far as I'm concerned I might as well take $100 bill out of my wallet and light it on fire. This is Maryland. nothing is going to stop them from passing these laws and if you think the court is on your side I got news for you. The Supreme Court of the United States of America has declined to hear or ruled against the Second Amendment more than twice as much as they have ruled in favor of the Second Amendment. I do not trust them and neither should anyone else. Nothing short of using the Second Amendment for the reason why it was written is going to stop these gun grabbers. It's been 34 years since we got the handgun roster. Nothing has gotten better.

They'll ban BB Guns if we let them.
    :party29:

Next to be banned will be gun shows and reloading components. Also don't be surprised if they go full California and decide that you have to buy your ammunition from a Maryland gun dealer you must register to purchase it you must pass a background check each time you buy it and you can only buy 20 rounds at a time. I would imagine they would also limit the number of rounds you're allowed to possess. They aren't finished yet not even close. And you know why? because. we .are. letting .them

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    And you know why? because. we .are. letting .them

If by "we," you mean "the overwhelming majority of voters in the state, who like and eagerly re-elect liberal democrats to a supermajority in the state legislature," then ... yeah, "we" indeed. The small minority of us who DON'T want to see those things come to pass simply don't come close to having the numbers in the legislature. So our only real long-term hope is through the courts. And those wheels turn slowly and expensively. I put my money where my mouth is towards that end, and hope everyone realizes they need to, as well.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    The fun one is all the 0% forged lowers sold over the years for $10-20 each. Did someone buy three or five, hoping to get one usable lower at the end with his high school shop skills? Now he's stuck fishing all of them out of his basement for destruction or completion/serialization before October to avoid criminal penalties. Forgotten paperweights will now become extra rifles.

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    untraceable - HB910

so as I read it they want to ban the 3D printed weapons etc, but then for all of our other builds, (80% etc) we're supposed to take them to a FFL to be "imprinted"

does the FFL imprint them (with an ink stamp?) and then send that info to anyone?

Granted we all know its all about confiscation.
    And/or setting up felony landmines so they can go take the rights of those who don't keep up to date on the new "laws"

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    so as I read it they want to ban the 3D printed weapons etc, but then for all of our other builds, (80% etc) we're supposed to take them to a FFL to be "imprinted"

does the FFL imprint them (with an ink stamp?) and then send that info to anyone?

Granted we all know its all about confiscation.
    And/or setting up felony landmines so they can go take the rights of those who don't keep up to date on the new "laws"

You need a manufacturer to put their company info on it. Once they do that, it goes in their books. Then they have to transfer it to you in accordance with State Law. Defeats the purpose.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    What makes this bill even more despicable is... Even if this bill goes through, the only time the law would be utilized is when you're already in jail or being detained, as a "gotcha". If a cop is closely examining a lower and finding that the serial on it was a homemade one, they're just looking for more dirt to get you to plea guilty or rot in jail longer. Disgusting, all for a victimless act.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    I'd like to point out again that the language of the bill currently could be argued to not impact home built firearms whatsoever.

There bill says that serialization is mandatory in accordance with federal law. Federal law says that a firearm built for personal use doesn't require serialization.

lennyk

Jan 11, 2013
    Woodbine
    What makes this bill even more despicable is... Even if this bill goes through, the only time the law would be utilized is when you're already in jail or being detained, as a "gotcha". If a cop is closely examining a lower and finding that the serial on it was a homemade one, they're just looking for more dirt to get you to plea guilty or rot in jail longer. Disgusting, all for a victimless act.

I agree. The 4th amd is still there and a locked trunk is a locked trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom