• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I hate my money so I am going to stay home and let Madaleno or Commienutz win!

God knows, the state could use more of my tax dollars!

Hogan’s gotta get some for the free CC for folks as it is , so yep, he will want some more tax money for sure

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If re-elected hogan will ask for one or two anti gun laws per year to cement himself a place for the next step in his political career

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I hate my money so I am going to stay home and let Madaleno or Commienutz win!

God knows, the state could use more of my tax dollars!

Many thought Hogan would be that buttress between the tax and spend liberals and the right infringing polices. Low and behold he has been nothing more than a small speed bump and in some cases a "co-conspirator."

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hogan is a typical Establishment GOP politico...they refuse to take care of their political base. They always have failed to understand that you must maintain support with your core voters.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Many thought Hogan would be that buttress between the tax and spend liberals and the right infringing polices. Low and behold he has been nothing more than a small speed bump and in some cases a "co-conspirator."

Dont fool yourself. People said the same thing about Christie. I was not a fan, but have you see New Jersey after Christie? The dam broke. They cant raise taxes or take guns fast enough.

"buttress" does not mean what you think it means. You have no idea the bills that did not get passed, because the Dems did not want a veto fight. The bills that got passed were definitely improved by Hogan's presence. We beat back a lot of stuff.

People also said the same thing about Trump. But it turns out he blew out the deficit with big spending and proposed a bump stock ban and get all the guns without due process. Trump was for gun control before he was against before he was for it.

Anyone who complains about Hogan needs to show me their primary vote for Cruz. Otherwise change their party registration to hypocrite. In this state the choice is losing badly or losing less badly, and the people who stay home are refuse to shift the state even a modicum to the right are part of the problem.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    If Hogan is re-elected, we'll have yet another governor who is in favor of gun control measures.

"But if we can turn a few seats here and there, the Democrats won't have a veto proof majority." Alright, but we saw how eagerly the GOP sold us down the river on bump stocks and the EPRO bills. Do we think these self-serving turds will do the right thing in the future if they deem it to be detrimental to their personal advancement? Sure, a handful of them with principles, perhaps. The lot of them? Nah.

Fool me once. They can all get fu*ked, the chief executive first among them.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Pressure him until he cracks, starting the day after the election.

Until then, work to defeat Miller, Busch, Dumbass, and their ilk.

The single best thing to happen for 2A rights in MD would be to have someone (ANYONE!) other than the steaming pile of Frosh as AG.

As long as we're dreaming ...

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    So IF Hogan is elected to a second term, it will be his last term as governor (term limit, thank goodness.) He only has incentive to act to further his career beyond governor in politics, an unknown at this point. He has shown he is not in office to support the U.S. Constitution and MD's Constitution. So in a second term he may have nothing to lose politically. Which, arguably, would put him in about the same spot he was in before he signed those f'n bills. His facial expression during the signing of them, IMHO, shows his intentions. He has shown the Dems they have nothing to fear with him in office. Fred55

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I would think it would be hard for him to lose , he is liked by many from both sides . He is enough republican and more democrat to take both votes .

I would say he is not popular to us here at MDS , but he has no concern for us . He will again do nothing for gun owners .

I don't know my friend. Bob Ehrlich had high approval ratings too and he lost, many people think because of the blowback from Bush being so unpopular. Hogan is going to have the same problem with the Trump resentment I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom