• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Recently completed a build of rifles I’m planning on having around long term, and I want to get some lube to throw in the pistol grip storage compartment. I use the patented Clandestine lube method but I’d still like to have something on board. Any suggestions or recommendations?

I’m aware of the magpul bottle insert but I’d like to keep a little room in there for a spare battery.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I got a bunch of hoppes elite pillow packs for cheap and throw one in each grip. Not the best AR oil but it's there just in case. I also carry eye drop bottles full of mobil 1 in all my range bags.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I got a leak proof bottle that is small enough to fit in the grip with a few other necessities. It's good for a few good squirts of synthetic motor oil in the action when things are getting a little slow.

Dollar stores sell bottles of eye drops with really good leak proof bottles. Drain, rinse and fill with your preferred lube (I use a syringe for injecting meat).

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I have the Magpul bottle insert and fill it with Mobil One.

Yep! That and a small tub of red mobile synth grease, and you are GTG!

For lube that is all you need. I just took the AR (ok one of a few ;) ) out, and did exactly what Chad explained. Look for areas where the grease has been displaced, and a drop of oil in each of the bolt holes. Clean only when accuracy starts to suffer. Which is never for me, as I clean every 7-10 range trips.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yep! That and a small tub of red mobile synth grease, and you are GTG!

For lube that is all you need. I just took the AR (ok one of a few ;) ) out, and did exactly what Chad explained. Look for areas where the grease has been displaced, and a drop of oil in each of the bolt holes. Clean only when accuracy starts to suffer. Which is never for me, as I clean every 7-10 range trips.

Right? I know I feel a little guilty not cleaning until it’s spotless, but it works fine.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    This is pretty handy and fits in the grip or the buttstock.

1OGoU68.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom