• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCKnauer22

Feb 7, 2013
    Middle River
    My family and I came home from some errands this morning to find campaigners for Pete Definbaugh and Norm Gifford passing out flyers in my neighborhood. I immediately got out of the car and inspected my yard to find a flyer not in my fence, but on the grass beside my mailbox, RIGHT UNDER THE NO SOLICITING SIGN! I grabbed the flyer and went over to the brightly colored pear-shaped man on the adjacent corner and gave it back. I told him that I'm not interested, the posted sign says no soliciting, and that his trash had been left in my yard. He then got rather nasty and indignant with me, as if I was in the wrong for returning his donated yard clutter. He asked where I lived and I explained that it was the house with the clearly posted no soliciting sign, to which he replied he didn't put a flyer there. I said that someone in his group had, that it was unappreciated, and that I was giving it back. He dismissed me with a "whatever" and began walking away. I gave a very sarcastic "thank you" and headed home. Then he said "I wasn't even selling anything" to which I replied "no soliciting means no soliciting, not no selling." Then he said "whatever guy" and walked away.

I then decided I'd call the campaign office to let them know what kind of stellar PR their foot crews are putting out. I grabbed the flyer from my neighbor's house, which was a waste because he doesn't vote, and saw that the asshat that I spoke with was one of the candidates on the flyer! I realized my phone was in the house, so I just got to work on my truck, deciding to wait to make the call. After a few minutes I had to go inside. As I did, I noticed a silver Chevy avalanche (with their names on the side) pulling away from across the street. I thought it was funny that the driver looked just like the other candidate on the flyer, but went inside anyway. Immediately, my wife asked what the guy in the truck was doing staring at our house. We both know it was because of the confrontation earlier, but it had her on edge. We figure he was either looking for a violation to report us to the county on, or he was just trying to intimidate us. Either way, I don't like it. Norm Gifford was the one I dealt with, while Pete Definbaugh was the driver who was a bit too interested in my house. What would you guys do? Blast them on their fb pages? Do nothing at all? I'd be fine walking away but the guy in the truck really pissed me off. The verbal exchange was a bit more involved but I don't remember all of it. I just feel like it would be wrong to ignore the behavior. If anything, posting on here makes me feel a little better about things. At least I told somebody

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    My family and I came home from some errands this morning to find campaigners for Pete Definbaugh and Norm Gifford passing out flyers in my neighborhood. I immediately got out of the car and inspected my yard to find a flyer not in my fence, but on the grass beside my mailbox, RIGHT UNDER THE NO SOLICITING SIGN! I grabbed the flyer and went over to the brightly colored pear-shaped man on the adjacent corner and gave it back. I told him that I'm not interested, the posted sign says no soliciting, and that his trash had been left in my yard. He then got rather nasty and indignant with me, as if I was in the wrong for returning his donated yard clutter. He asked where I lived and I explained that it was the house with the clearly posted no soliciting sign, to which he replied he didn't put a flyer there. I said that someone in his group had, that it was unappreciated, and that I was giving it back. He dismissed me with a "whatever" and began walking away. I gave a very sarcastic "thank you" and headed home. Then he said "I wasn't even selling anything" to which I replied "no soliciting means no soliciting, not no selling." Then he said "whatever guy" and walked away.

I then decided I'd call the campaign office to let them know what kind of stellar PR their foot crews are putting out. I grabbed the flyer from my neighbor's house, which was a waste because he doesn't vote, and saw that the asshat that I spoke with was one of the candidates on the flyer! I realized my phone was in the house, so I just got to work on my truck, deciding to wait to make the call. After a few minutes I had to go inside. As I did, I noticed a silver Chevy avalanche (with their names on the side) pulling away from across the street. I thought it was funny that the driver looked just like the other candidate on the flyer, but went inside anyway. Immediately, my wife asked what the guy in the truck was doing staring at our house. We both know it was because of the confrontation earlier, but it had her on edge. We figure he was either looking for a violation to report us to the county on, or he was just trying to intimidate us. Either way, I don't like it. Norm Gifford was the one I dealt with, while Pete Definbaugh was the driver who was a bit too interested in my house. What would you guys do? Blast them on their fb pages? Do nothing at all? I'd be fine walking away but the guy in the truck really pissed me off. The verbal exchange was a bit more involved but I don't remember all of it. I just feel like it would be wrong to ignore the behavior. If anything, posting on here makes me feel a little better about things. At least I told somebody

if he was sitting outside my house like that id walk up to the big bay window with my naked fat ass hanging out and give him a view to remember.

JCKnauer22

Feb 7, 2013
    Middle River
    I was working on the truck, which blocked that part of the street from my view. I wish I'd seen him earlier or I would've just pulled my phone out and started filming him as I walked up and introduced myself and inquired about his intentions

Charlie K.

Feb 3, 2013
    Baltimore

Speak your peace son.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I know that it burns you and quite frankly it would have had me revved up as well. However, as I start to fume about this as if were my own case I am gently reminded to just turn the other cheek. Sometimes doing something is what they want you to do. Be the better person and cordially write a letter to the State Board of Elections, Op-Ed article and talk with people. By sharing your experience with others that might have voted for this POS, you can now personalize with an every day citizen that this person obviously thinks himself above having to follow the rules and to not vote for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom