Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rifles

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:13 PM #21

[/QUOTE]Getting them in the future may be ummm... iffy.
[/QUOTE]

This is one of my concerns!

Conversely, I may not be able to sell/transfer it in the future.
Mr.Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:24 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
Iím a fixed income portfolio manager. Rising inflation is far from certain. I was at a conference in Charlotte last week and many experts are having problems seeing where inflation is going to come from. Baby Boomers are retiring and dying off, while our immigration (which should be inflationary) is not inflationary. Most of our immigration consists of low skilled workers. The head of the MBS trading desk at a major bank, who just had a private lunch with former Fed Chief, Janet Yellen, thinks we will see a 2.5% 10 year UST before we see a 3.5% 10 year.

I do know that I would steer clear of corporate bonds! Spreads are widening out significantly and many strategists expect them to widen out through 2019.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink. �� Who knows?

We can talk offline about the economy if youíd like, but letís keep the thread about my REPR. Thanks.

By the way, that book is pre-financial crisis when people thought AAA rated MBS was almost as safe as US Treasuries. LOL! My friend and I had the book out to laugh about what we were taught before the crisis.
Wow....You definitely know your stuff. I was being a little tongue in cheek. Not every day you see a couple nice looking rifles next to a bond strategy book.
pilot25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2018, 08:42 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot25 View Post
Wow....You definitely know your stuff. I was being a little tongue in cheek. Not every day you see a couple nice looking rifles next to a bond strategy book.
😀 LOL!!!
Old May 24th, 2018, 07:51 PM #24

Personally I wouldn't sell it. Guns are way cooler than money, and you can always just save for that Nighthawk. The REPR is a pretty incredible rifle, I've always loved them. You might some day have time to get into long range shooting, and you'll have to spend even more to try to get back to this set up you already have. The chances of you getting back every dollar you spent are much lower than the chances of you shooting this and not liking it.
Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2018, 08:21 PM #25

My opinion is that LWRC rifles are more sizzle than steak. So yeah, if you can get out of that even, Do It.
atblis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2018, 01:52 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atblis View Post
My opinion is that LWRC rifles are more sizzle than steak. So yeah, if you can get out of that even, Do It.
I respectfully disagree on LWRC in general. My LWRC IC-Enhanced is by far my favorite AR that Iíve ever owned, which includes DD, Noveske, Colt, and BCM. The REPR, though it is a work of art, I cannot comment yet. For the price, you may well be right!
Old May 25th, 2018, 03:52 PM #27

I’ve decided to keep it for now. Hopefully I can test it out this summer. Thanks, everyone!

BTW - For those interested in bonds, the 10 yr. US Treasury rallied 12+ (12.5) ticks today to yield 2.93%. I attribute much of the rally to a short squeeze, but opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink.
Old May 26th, 2018, 01:59 AM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Blue View Post
I’ve decided to keep it for now. Hopefully I can test it out this summer. Thanks, everyone!

BTW - For those interested in bonds, the 10 yr. US Treasury rallied 12+ (12.5) ticks today to yield 2.93%. I attribute much of the rally to a short squeeze, but opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink.
Good choice. If you don't need the money and aren't having complete buyers remorse then it's a keeper.

I shot as many ARs as I could before deciding on an LWRC. Other than building your own perfect rifle, LWRC makes it as perfect as you can get. Not to mention phenomenal customer service I have had from them.

Last edited by pilot25; May 26th, 2018 at 10:22 AM.
pilot25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rifles