MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    ...and right there, my friend, is the desired effect...
    don't worry... there's always someone else to stand up for your Rights... right

When you will pay my bills, you can judge me for being concerned about losing my job. I have been emailing and calling my representatives. In 2013, I was in Annapolis until 9:30 or so, so I had my opportunity to speak, which I did. There are other ways of helping. I am not simply sitting by wringing my hands. I have been out there, and I will be again. This past Monday was simply too risky for me to come out in person. I know that is their desired effect. I am glad Monday was peaceful. It is encouraging and gives others like me confidence to come back out.

It is the desired effect of the opposition, and perhaps Jeff and Kevin will clip from this board some of these comments to show the impact of arrest like this and the egregious impact on free speech that these arrests have made on the community. While the arrests were intolerable, the long lasting impact on the community as a whole is incalculable.

Kevin's words to the press summed up a lot. My hat (if I wore hats) is off to both of you!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Monday 2/12 was the safest time to come out . 400 witnesses , news media , and every other person rolling video, we could have been marching naked smoking joints , and MCP would have smiled and waved .

Next week, the week after, the week after, etc is when we see the long term effects .

[ No commentary or disrespect to the Poster above . I absolutely hear you , and respect that , and share much the same concerns .
    Just commenting on the situation generally . The primary shame is on those Doing the Chilling , not on their victims .]

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    When you will pay my bills, you can judge me for being concerned about losing my job. I have been emailing and calling my representatives. In 2013, I was in Annapolis until 9:30 or so, so I had my opportunity to speak, which I did. There are other ways of helping. I am not simply sitting by wringing my hands. I have been out there, and I will be again. This past Monday was simply too risky for me to come out in person. I know that is their desired effect. I am glad Monday was peaceful. It is encouraging and gives others like me confidence to come back out.

No apology needed for defending one’s livelihood. Keep the faith and keep on fighting.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I have always subscribed to the idea of "I don't care what you do, just do something". You're doing just fine.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    I was proud and honored to be with so many patriots Monday night. Jeff and Kevin have my utmost respect, and are in fact representing all of us in their efforts. I have no doubt they will prevail. Godspeed brothers!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Fantastic! I know for me personally, this arrest gives me pause for future protests. I can't afford it because of work. Thank you guys for standing up for all of us.

This is exactly why we brought this suit in Federal court, because people in the employ of the State of Maryland have created REAL fear that just by being on a PUBLIC SIDEWALK exercising your 1st Amendment right you are risking your career.

That is the very definition of a civil rights violation.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Here is the complaint
    View attachment 225734

Maryland Shall Issue®, Inc. needs your continued support. Not just for this, but for all our efforts on your behalf. Please consider joining MSI, donating to MSI's litigation fund, or making a purchase from the MSI store.

Maryland Shall Issue® Inc. is an all volunteer, non-partisan organization dedicated to the preservation and advancement of gun owners' rights in Maryland. It seeks to educate the community about the right of self-protection, the safe handling of firearms, and the responsibility that goes with carrying a firearm in public.

--

Notice: The opinions and views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of any organization with which I may, or may not be affiliated.

Go get em guys!

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    It is the desired effect of the opposition, and perhaps Jeff and Kevin will clip from this board some of these comments to show the impact of arrest like this and the egregious impact on free speech that these arrests have made on the community. While the arrests were intolerable, the long lasting impact on the community as a whole is incalculable.

Kevin's words to the press summed up a lot. My hat (if I wore hats) is off to both of you!

That is exactly why I shared what I did. I am sure there are plenty of others who feel the same way. I would love for my fears (caused by the arrests) to help in the case! It is a real thing! Exactly why it is such a terrible civil rights violation! So again, kudos to you guys for fighting the good fight. The rest of us are here to support in whatever way we are able!

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Monday 2/12 was the safest time to come out . 400 witnesses , news media , and every other person rolling video, we could have been marching naked smoking joints , and MCP would have smiled and waved .
    snip

As true as that may be, it's not something I want to imagine. We're good people, but probably not the best candidates for a naked parade, especially in colder weather, if you get my drift. :lol2:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    So if the plaintiffs win the case what is the result? Financial compensation or does the person who ordered the arrest get some sort of punishment?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The piling on citations the next day is probably twice as damning as the initial event. When the Hulberts were doing an interview and called over to get more citations, it's like Annapolis has a Boss Hogg somewhere.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Awesome news! Go get em. Can't wait to watch this unfold.

Thank you for all you are continuing to do as our defense attorney to look after our interests with regard to the the criminal charges that were said to be “returned” to the MCP offices.

I was proud and honored to be with so many patriots Monday night. Jeff and Kevin have my utmost respect, and are in fact representing all of us in their efforts. I have no doubt they will prevail. Godspeed brothers!

Next Monday night we will be right back on the Bricks at 7pm to talk about the crucial 2A issues that we face this legislative season.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Funny how the CRAPital Gazette completely missed the really the other night, but got news of this lawsuit up in it's website before it was even posted here.

They are letcherous.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This is exactly why we brought this suit in Federal court, because people in the employ of the State of Maryland have created REAL fear that just by being on a PUBLIC SIDEWALK exercising your 1st Amendment right you are risking your career.

It's not just 'people in the employ of the State of Maryland' who fear that their livelihood would be taken away with the mere mention of being arrested. Almost anyone who has been raised in the belief that you've automatically done something wrong because you were arrested, knows that feeling. As trite as it sounds, it is the 'chilling effect' that it has on people. More so than political correctness. An unconscious policing of the conscious ... that a tyrannical government depends on to instill that fear and keep their subjects in line.

Accept no 'bribes' for your silence. Win your case at all costs.
    Principle over price. Rights over reward.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Subpoena Mrs. Migraine. We had a 3-hour discussion prior to my participation on Monday. tl;dr version - Migraine Jr. did not accompany me because she was convinced I was going to be arrested ... and she didn't sleep for days because she was terrified that when I got arrested I would certainly lose my job.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Funny how the CRAPital Gazette completely missed the really the other night, but got news of this lawsuit up in it's website before it was even posted here.

They are letcherous.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

If this is true, and I haven't monitored the Gazette's coverage or lack thereof, then a certain reporter is a liar. Said reporter assured me last Tuesday when discussing the events of Monday night that they would indeed be there on 2/12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom