• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Nevermind. I think I got it figured out. They seem to have closed the Annapolis Barracks.

I am creating a MS Word Mail Merge for our protests and need some help finding the Commanding Officers of the following facilities:

• Annapolis Police Department on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    • Maryland State Police on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    • Anne Arundel County Sheriff on Church Circle (Court House?) in Annapolis?
    • MD Natural Resource Police on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I'm thinking a post card, with something like the following, would be beneficial to hand out to people who notice the holster or ask questions. Just an idea. Thoughts? Deletions? Additions?

Why am I wearing an empty holster?
    The State of Maryland has decided that this is as close as I can get to carrying the equipment necessary to protect myself against a deadly attacker.

Aren't the police required to protect me?
    No. In July '05, the Supreme Court ruled that individuals have no constituational right to police protection. My family will lose a lawsuit if they sue the police for not allwing me to carry the equipment necessary to defend myself against a deadly attacker if I am attacked and killed.

Who is responsible for protecting me and my family?
    Me. However, the State will not allow me to carry the equipment to adequately defend myself, even though I am a law abiding citizen. Even though our border states (PA, DE, VA, WV) do. I honestly feel much safer there.

Why is the State of Maryland doing this?
    Legislators have decided to give the Maryland State Police the full power to decide what I can use to defend myself. They do not feel self-defense is a good and substatial reason, but proof of threats or attacks are good. The chances are, I will already be killed by an attacker with a gun by the time I am legally eligible under the current law to carry.

Why hasn't the law been changed to allow us to defend ourselves?
    MD Legislators have created bills, every year for the past few years, in an effort to allow us to carry the tools necessary to defend ourselves against a deadly attack if we're law abiding citizens. They've argued the points above to no avail. Can you believe that powerful legislators prevented these bills from leaving committees or being voted on?

Is it really worth the effort to contact our legislators to help create new laws?
    Yes. They were elected to represent us and if they vote against us, they will be voted out during the next election. I contacted my legislators, most of which were open to allowing law abiding citizens to have the right to carry. Some said allowing me the same rights as PA, DE, VA and WV citizens will not increase public safety. I asked them if I should feel safe travelling anywhere in MD with just a cell phone, and can you believe, I received no reply?!

What can we do to implement change?
    Visit mdshallissue.org to keep current on new legislation. Contact legislators asking them to make an effort to allow the law abiding public to adequately equip ourselves against deadly threats. Even if the State would just negotiate with us, it would be better than ignoring the issue and not allowing these bills to be voted on.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Vette. I like that idea and the info is written clearly and effectivly puts across our arguments in a well thought out manner.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Nevermind. I think I got it figured out. They seem to have closed the Annapolis Barracks.

I am creating a MS Word Mail Merge for our protests and need some help finding the Commanding Officers of the following facilities:

• Annapolis Police Department on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    • Maryland State Police on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    • Anne Arundel County Sheriff on Church Circle (Court House?) in Annapolis?
    • MD Natural Resource Police on Taylor Ave in Annapolis?
    Thanks for any help.

I asked someone in the know at the Anapolis PD and this is what they sent back:

Chief Michael Pristoop
    Annapolis Police Dept.
    199 Taylor Ave. Annapolis, MD 21401

The State Police Barracks closure actually did happen, there is no longer an MSP station in Annapolis But they do have Executive Protection ( Governor's Detail) contingent at the State House. That's a small unit devoted to protecting MOM and visiting VIP's.

1st Sgt. Charles Ardolini, Commander (410) 974-2991
    e-mail: cardolini@gov.state.md.us

They now call the old DGS police Capitol Police, they are the ones that police the State House, Legislative Offices, and other grounds having to do with State Government.

Lt. Derwyn Parker, Commander (410) 260-2919
    e-mail: derwyn.parker@dgs.state.md.us

Sherriff Ron Bateman
    Court House
    Church Circle
    Annapolis, MD 21401

The Naval Academy Police should be notified as they have jurisdiction over certain open roads and grounds in the area

USNA Police Headquarters
    Building 257 Longshaw Road
    Annapolis, MD 21402
    Chief of Police: John L. Moody jmoody@usna.edu
    Deputy Chief of Police: LT. Brian Rippey rippey@usna.edu
    Forward Message

Natural Resources Police
    Southern Region
    City Dock (Area 3)
    69 Prince Georges Street, Annapolis, MD 21401
    Tel: (800) 628-9944

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I asked someone in the know at the Anapolis PD and this is what they sent back:

Novus,

Thanks, I forgot about the USNA Police, I'll add them to my list.

I'm setting up a MS Mail merge with Gov, AG and local LEO's so it will be easy to paper everyone. I expect to send out an informational letter in the next week or so, looking for feedback. After that I'll mail about a month before to fix the date and then a week before as a reminder.

The Press will need to be handled separately, any volunteers? It should be handled with multiple mailings to get attention.

What Pro Legislators should we invite/notify? It would be best if someone in their distric did the inviting. Riley should be one!

-Boxcab

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Novus,

Thanks, I forgot about the USNA Police, I'll add them to my list.

I'm setting up a MS Mail merge with Gov, AG and local LEO's so it will be easy to paper everyone. I expect to send out an informational letter in the next week or so, looking for feedback. After that I'll mail about a month before to fix the date and then a week before as a reminder.

The Press will need to be handled separately, any volunteers? It should be handled with multiple mailings to get attention.

What Pro Legislators should we invite/notify? It would be best if someone in their distric did the inviting. Riley should be one!

-Boxcab

Delegate Dwyer is one. He lives in AA county so even if not being during the session having to be in the area for it, he should show.

RaginCajun

A Second Amendment Sister
    Apr 12, 2009
    Randallstown
    Hey Guys! I am in!! I hope my husband is off that day.. I might be there alone :(

I will have my open holster day.. Great idea! I will ask to have this add to our Second Amendment Sister Maryland page.. Maybe we all get together and do photos!

I am heading to facebook to post the info as well!

RaginCajun

A Second Amendment Sister
    Apr 12, 2009
    Randallstown
    let me know if i can help too guys.. i was an Executive Assistant.. i am familiar with MS office products.. i love what you are doing!

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Just a small question out of curiosity, is it only annapolis??

Annapolis will be the "test case" Open Holster protest. There is some trepidation from many that we will have conflicts with the local law. We are contacting all the local Police to coordinate our protest with them. The plan will be to escalate the number of protests and participants as we head into the next legislative session. Having a protest in Montgomery County and other areas has been suggested.

The protests have many goals. Number one is to rally support for Shall Issue CCW in Maryland before the next session. Other goals include getting the attention of The Press, desensitizing the general population and law enforcement personnel to the concept of citizens carrying guns in public places, and making new friends.

Additional protests throughout the state are encouraged. Use the Annapolis protest as a boiler plate of what to do and what not to do. I will participate when I can, but this needs to be a grass roots effort. Take the initiative in your own community and rally the troops for a protest near your home. These should be family friendly, non-threatening, and respectable demonstrations.

I would like the final protest to be at the next Shall Issue CCW hearing in Annapolis. If we can get enough acceptance by the general public and law enforcement, we can wear our “Open Holsters” to the hearings. I would love to testify with an empty holster on my hip, symbolizing how unprotected we are.

-Boxcab

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    First round of LEO letters is about complete, they should go out this weekend (need to get stamps). I'll work on the letter to the Gov and AG next. Any replies will be shared here.

- Boxcab

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    First round of LEO letters is about complete, they should go out this weekend (need to get stamps). I'll work on the letter to the Gov and AG next. Any replies will be shared here.

- Boxcab

Just my 2 cents but I'd emphasize that nearly 40 other states allow CCW. I think many people are unaware that it is actually quite common in other states and the Maryland is one of the few that does not allow it.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Here's another idea from our brothers and sisters in arms from Wisconsin. Maybe we could hold an Open Holster Picnic? At least they have a law allowing Open Carry. We need to keep pushing for Shall Issue CCW.

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=10377363

Sunday's weather was perfect for a picnic and at one gathering people were encouraged to bring more than just hamburgers and hot dogs.

An open carry picnic was held at Marvin Garden's Park in the Town of Onalaska Sunday.

Organizer Hubert Hoffman says the event is in celebration of a recent opinion from the state attorney general that says people who openly carry firearms should not be cited for disorderly conduct.

-More in link-

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Perhaps letters to local media may be a good idea as well. Local TV/radio/print media. Perhaps some National media outlets as well. FoxNews, CNN etc. These could easily be e-mailed instead of in print. Just a thought. They might pick it up to alert the public to the fact that you might see some open holsters walking around that day.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Letters are in the mail to the Govenor and Attorney General. I will work on letters to the Press next. Ask your friends a fellow shooters to participate, we can use all the help we can get!

-Boxcab

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom