• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaginCajun

A Second Amendment Sister
    Apr 12, 2009
    Randallstown
    Hello Ya'll? Where do the ladies of MD Shooters hang out? I am looking to shoot my glock and ruger with some of the ladies..

I was considering Continental Arms in Timonium but sometimes they are rude to me.. so I am not sure I want to go back there... I wish the Gun Connection had a range... I live in Randallstown but am flexible on travel..

Nicole

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    We are getting more and more ladies at Cresap's.
    There are 4 Ladies Handgun classes this summer that have already been filled!

Range time on the weekends you can always find several ladies on the pistol and rifle lines.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    There aren't many ladies around here (I can only think of ~4 regular posters here who are female) but most of the shooting in this area takes place at Hap Baker (covered outdoor range), Continental (you've been there, sorry to hear about your experiences), On Target (Indoor, on 175 near 295), and the favorite seems to be DelMarVa (outdoor, slightly covered, berms out to 300yd) but it's an hour past the Bay Bridge.

Welcome! Let us know which of those work for you!

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Yeah, Post what works for you. My girlfriend might take you up on a range trip. She has been shooting with me for 2 years now and just wants to keep in practice. She does not post here but is usually with me when I'm on.

TOWcritter

Self Sufficent Sovereign
    You might meet up with some lady friends at the Harford County spring shoot. I think its in Delta Pa. Not a long drive really. I almost forgot about it. I have to get my "I'll be there" into those guys. There is food and guns and a trail walk and guns and kids and guns, and...well you get the picture.

13mogul

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2009
    Hi Nicole, if you want to make the trip to Delmarva Sporting Clays, I'm sure Mary would join you! But I know it's a hike for ya. She said she gave you a business card, if not pm me.
    Good to meet you et al at the class yesterday.

and I keep bugging her to sign up with 2A sisters!

RaginCajun

Apr 12, 2009
    Randallstown
    Thanks ! It was nice meeting you both yesterday as well! Yes, I have the business card and I will add it to my contacts. Please have her check our message board http://www.2asisters.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=3

She can chat with us and then think about joing. It's about the same price as the NRA. I love it..the ladies are really nice and it's cool to be a part of any women's group that would go head to head with the Brady crowd!! :party29:

Hi Nicole, if you want to make the trip to Delmarva Sporting Clays, I'm sure Mary would join you! But I know it's a hike for ya. She said she gave you a business card, if not pm me.
    Good to meet you et al at the class yesterday.

and I keep bugging her to sign up with 2A sisters!

RaginCajun

Apr 12, 2009
    Randallstown
    Thanks everybody for the replies. I am going to checkout the links and see about hitting a few of the ranges.

I like on target.. The folks there are nice. One of my second amendment sisters recommend a range in upper malboro and I will check that out. they seem to be chick friendly. I went to the one in marriottsville a few times with the guys from Maryland AR15 and they were always super nice too. I may just join them. Again..thanks to everyone. Just hoping to find a place I can shoot on the regular and refer other females who tend to ask me for suggestions. I can't in good faith recommend connentinal.

I love the quote.. as a black girl.. it is amazing they run to the brady people about all gun questions when they are so anti gun.. it is like running to the KKK about black folks.. LOL :lol:

QUOTE=Bigdtc;300609]You should check out Hap-Baker Range near Westminster. It is very nice. (Nice sig line quote, btw..LOL) More info...... http://community.carr.org/fullrecord.asp?record=617[/QUOTE]

newshooter

Feb 28, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Hi, Nicole.

I'm in Woodlawn and pretty new to shooting (hence the nomen, lol) ...but the few times I've gone, I've been to Continental....didn't have a bad experience, as I was pretty much left alone. I went in got a lane, did what I needed to do, and left.

I haven't been to On Target yet, though that's where I purchased my Sig. Tell me more about this SAS group?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Thanks everybody for the replies. I am going to checkout the links and see about hitting a few of the ranges.

I like on target.. The folks there are nice. One of my second amendment sisters recommend a range in upper malboro and I will check that out. they seem to be chick friendly. I went to the one in marriottsville a few times with the guys from Maryland AR15 and they were always super nice too. I may just join them. Again..thanks to everyone. Just hoping to find a place I can shoot on the regular and refer other females who tend to ask me for suggestions. I can't in good faith recommend connentinal.

I love the quote.. as a black girl.. it is amazing they run to the brady people about all gun questions when they are so anti gun.. it is like running to the KKK about black folks.. LOL :lol:

QUOTE=Bigdtc;300609]You should check out Hap-Baker Range near Westminster. It is very nice. (Nice sig line quote, btw..LOL) More info...... http://community.carr.org/fullrecord.asp?record=617
    [/QUOTE]

the one in upper marlboro is maryland small arms range.. i go there every saturday (im a member there).. i see a lot of women that shoots there.. they do have a womens night (free range use i believe?). just dont recall which week day it is. yesterday there were 6 women group shooting.

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Definately more females at Hap Baker than a year ago. A couple of them on the pistol range could shoot ears off a gnat. My new wife loes shooting there because she can postion the targets at whatever distance she chooses and the RO's are great.

Hey Russ....it's going to be great meeting you finally, I hope you can make the 17th.

Splitter

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    Hi Nicole,

Were you sitting in the back of the room Saturday?

Myself and Vette97 were in the last full length row across the room from the door.

I shoot at Hap Baker also

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom