• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I'm thinking about a 9mm AR, but I'm not sure whether I should go with a RRA or CMMG. The only thing I do know is I plan on the lower being integral. Please help me out and give me your opinions. CMMG or RRA?

CMMG upper w16" barrel on a S&W lower here. 100% reliable with Metalform/Colt mags (I have both) and will eat ANYTHING I've given it so far. The plastic mags don't feed well, try to stay away from them (P-mag I think). No experience with the RRA but those I know who do have them seem to like them. It's a roll of the dice as near as I can tell, either is nice.

Good luck an enjoy, 9mm AR carbines are a hoot. Especially suppressed!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    CMMG upper w16" barrel on a S&W lower here. 100% reliable with Metalform/Colt mags (I have both) and will eat ANYTHING I've given it so far. The plastic mags don't feed well, try to stay away from them (P-mag I think). No experience with the RRA but those I know who do have them seem to like them. It's a roll of the dice as near as I can tell, either is nice.

Good luck an enjoy, 9mm AR carbines are a hoot. Especially suppressed!

I think you mean ProMag. They usually don't get good reviews. Pmags are quality magazines.

Most of what I've read says that the RRAs are reliable after some fine tuning. It's hard to find someone anywhere online complaining about their CMMG 9mm, so I think I'll be putting one together sometime between now and the end of the year.

Thanks for the info guys.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Sorry to throw this thread off-track. I was trying to choose between the two myself until I was introduced to the Just Right Carbine. I really didn't want to shell out the money for more mags and the fact that it took Glock magazines sold me. It's around $600, all metal, uses an AR-15 trigger group, rail and stock. You can change the charging handle and ejection for left or right handed shooters. You can also change between 9mm, .40, and .45 barrels in less than 5 mins. I have had 0 problems with it shooting suppressed/unsuppressed. I had the barrel threaded by Midcounty but still couldn't build a true 9mm ar15 for less.

I think you mean ProMag. They usually don't get good reviews. Pmags are quality magazines.

Most of what I've read says that the RRAs are reliable after some fine tuning. It's hard to find someone anywhere online complaining about their CMMG 9mm, so I think I'll be putting one together sometime between now and the end of the year.

Thanks for the info guys.

You are absolutely right, it's ProMag which makes the problem magazines. Got the two confused but you figured it out. :)

Mine is probably one of my favorite weapons, you will likely have a blast with yours, too. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom