• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Here's how I solved the problem w/ a Mosin I rescued from Bubba. Nothing like a #10 steel hex cap screw drilled and tapped into the rifle bolt to hold the handle on. :D

mosin2.jpg

mosin9.jpg

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Actually I clarified early on page 1. But you just can't read ya big noob. :P

Spot--got it back yesterday.

I am a boob for missin it. :)

Call the smith and ask him what to do.

If you cant get the live round out bring it by Scotts and Ill take a lok at it thei weekend. Once I get the bolt free, you can send th ebolt out to have a handle rewelded.

Your due for a refund from the smith.

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    Zoostation:

How do you like that setup? It looks like an ATI bent bolt kit. I've considered doing that to one, but always look for opinions before I plunge.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Didn't he also say he has yet to fire a round and this happened when he loaded it?

Correct, but its not always fired ammo that does that, sonlds like the chamber wasnt reamed right, or theres still lapping compound in the lug recesses.. It like trying to pull a hamered nail out with your fingers.

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    It feels like the day I found out that Santa isn't real.:D

What kind of blashpemy are you dishing out? Here is one of helpers right here:

She was right under the tree...

Attachments

• santa_girls_11.jpg
      santa_girls_11.jpg
      20.1 KB · Views: 220

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    O.P. didnt specify, and 9/10 when this happens its a reload.

After he said its factory loads I said the smith screwed it up.

Post #12, right after you assumed he was using reloads, he states it was factory ammo...

3 posts later, you keep saying it was a reload problem...

Jamie

ETA: I see the OP already busted your balls, so I'll stop now...

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Post #12, right after you assumed he was using reloads, he states it was factory ammo...

3 posts later, you keep saying it was a reload problem...

Jamie

ETA: I see the OP already busted your balls, so I'll stop now...

We know each other (O.P. and I), and I replied immediately AFTER the first post, which didnt mention the ammo.

I also corrected myself before you posted this post too so your saying what?

Oh, I know......... you want to try and act like you know more about guns. Stick to being a Dr., and Ill post what I know about.

BTW, what advice or help have you offered Armed Ferret, or are you just in this thread to be a problem, on top of a problem?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Zoostation:

How do you like that setup? It looks like an ATI bent bolt kit. I've considered doing that to one, but always look for opinions before I plunge.

It is an ATI bolt, I just didn't use the little #8 screw they send in the kit. The mount is also an ATI mount, I just chose to sever it behind the part I needed, and then use an offset riser, rather than deal with the bolt handle clearance issue, which is probably the biggest pain in the neck with these. The other thing you really need to be careful with is not drilling into the chamber when you go to install the mount. Overall its not hard to do but if you've never tapped for screws before I would definitely recommend practicing on some scrap metal first.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    We know each other (O.P. and I), and I replied AFTER the O.P. which didnt mention the ammo.

I also corrected myself before you posted this post too so your saying what?

Oh, I know......... you want to try and act like you know more about guns. Stick to being a Dr., and Ill post what I know about.

There you go, assuming again...

I was interrupted by a phone call as I was typing my reply, so I didn't see your correction. So sue me...

The OP stated Factory ammo in post #12. Post, #10 I can almost understand, you didn't have all the facts. But, in posts #14, #15, and #21 you were still harping on reloads.

I actually asked a question in the thread because I didn't know all the facts. I typically try to do that before giving my expert opinion...

But meh, what do I know?

Jamie

ETA: I entered this thread because you (and several others) we going on and on about reloads, when it seemed to me that reloads had absolutely nothing to do with his problem! Both the OP and I saw fit to post the same thing at the same time. NO RELOADS! So excuse me for trying to clarify your confusion on the issue. I'll try not to help you in the future...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Guys, comon. Both of you have been around long enough to know not to sling shit at each other.

Admit fault where applicable then kiss and make up already. :kissass: :D

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Rounds that are neck-sized for one chamber, then used in another, will often not chamber correctly leading to this issue.

Heard from the smith, and i'm gonna have it looked at locally (at least to get the components separated) and go from there. Chad, I'm free this weekend and will absolutely bring it by to at least get everything taken apart.

I should also correct previous info that it's a DD Ross handle. The KNOB is by Ross, the handle is the original Remington unit, with Remington's factory attachment method.

I'll likely have it drilled/tapped and resoldered with set screws.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Correct, but its not always fired ammo that does that, sonlds like the chamber wasnt reamed right, or theres still lapping compound in the lug recesses.. It like trying to pull a hamered nail out with your fingers.

Relaoding isn't the real reason most bolts get stuck. Most bolts get stuck because guys push the limits of pressure with high load charges. Sammi reloads are as safe as factory ammo when done right.

Back to Op, that's some crappy luck Ferret.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Tell me about it. :\

frozencesium will attest that I got really bummed, really quick today. still blasted with the Seven and a couple AK's though. pretty sure I rained holy hellfire (or at least the hot brass version) on the people a few stalls down. oh well. it's a range, they can deal with it.

i've had better days, that's for sure. nothing i can do about it now except focus on getting it ficksed.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    DAMN Ferret! That totally sucks dude, I know you been goin through hell with that rifle and I was really hopin to see you post up some awesome groups this weekend. Good luck in gettin it handled!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom