DPMS Oracle .308, $612 Shipped (After Rebate)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    DPMS Oracle .308, $572 Shipped (After Rebate) **Updated Price**

**Updated Price**

I'm about to be in very big trouble with the wife...

Tombstone Tactical has the DPMS Oracle in .308 for $647 shipped here:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/dpms/rflr-oc-lr-oracle-rifle-308-win-16in-19rd-black/.

While already a good price (most places are between $750 and $800), DPMS just announced a bunch of rebates for purchases starting today and this UPC qualifies for $75 off.

Details here:

http://dpms.rebateaccess.com/promotion.php?p=74841

So, that comes out to about $572 shipped for MD legal semi auto .308 with solid reviews everywhere I look. Looks like a perfect plinker and hog gun.

Yep, I'm gonna be in the dog house for sure...

Last edited:

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    I'm about to be in very big trouble with the wife...

Tombstone Tactical has the DPMS Oracle in .308 for $687 shipped here:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/dpms/rflr-oc-lr-oracle-rifle-308-win-16in-19rd-black/.

While already a good price (most places are between $750 and $800), DPMS just announced a bunch of rebates for purchases starting today and this UPC qualifies for $75 off.

Details here:

http://dpms.rebateaccess.com/promotion.php?p=74841

So, that comes out to about $612 shipped for MD legal semi auto .308 with solid reviews everywhere I look. Looks like a perfect plinker and hog gun.

Yep, I'm gonna be in the dog house for sure...

Right there with you.

Great find, thanks for sharing

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Something odd is going on with their website. I would verify that price. First time I clicked your link it brought the gun up at $739. Closed it and brought it up again later it says $646.92. This was the same UPC code both times, 884451002468
    So now with rebate it is down to $572? Something fishy going on here.

Edit/Add: For the record, I have emailed them. I will post back here when they respond.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    That's a sweet deal.

The DPMS AR-15 can be had for $350 after rebate but it's not an HBAR. I wish they had an HBAR model.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    Wow... so I held off on purchasing last night and woke up this morning to a major price increase. I was totally bummed. Talked to a few guys at work about it and they told me I should have jumped on it.

I even told my wife about it and she told me that I should have just ordered it. I love that gal! :D

Imagine my (very pleasant) surprise when I checked back on this thread to find that the price was even lower than what I posted yesterday. With rebate, we are now looking at ~$572 after rebate.

I immediately ordered it and had it shipped to my favorite place in PA.

I agree with what Silverlode is saying that it does seem wonky. The price dropped and the stock increased from this morning. I can't explain but if it's some kind of mistake, it was at least worth a shot.

If it does go through, though, getting an AR10 with a decent rep for under $600 out the door is definitely a smoking deal!

One thing I noticed is that it doesn't look like this specific model is on the DPMS site anymore. Maybe old stock they are clearing out?

Will let everyone know if I run into any kind of drama with the vendor. So far, everything looks normal.

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    I assumed they made a mistake with the price this morning and on hopes that they would honor the price if ordered, I went ahead and ordered 3. They later confirmed for me that the price is correct, delivered for $572 after rebate.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    I assumed they made a mistake with the price this morning and on hopes that they would honor the price if ordered, I went ahead and ordered 3. They later confirmed for me that the price is correct, delivered for $572 after rebate.

Most excellent news!

I was just watching a MAC video on youtube and he was talking about how the market is currently a mess and distributors are slashing prices just to move product.

I can only assume that its a mess in that a bunch of product was manufactured and stored in anticipation of a Hillary win.

I'm guessing that's what we are seeing here with these crazy low prices...

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Well I guess I got mine a week too early! I just purchased one from JLowes for $729+ tax. Maybe I'll see if I can get the rebate.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Thankfully, I'm over my desire to purchase a 308.

Damn it! :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That is a stupidly low price for an AR-308. And while I know DPMS does not have the world's greatest rep, their AR-308 line is generally considered pretty good.

IIRC, the .308 Oracle line does have one bit of weirdness, which is that the top rail is a touch higher than normal, and I believe the GB is also a touch higher. This doesn't affect much (use a GB-height front sight with a "normal" rear sight), but there are very few handguards which will give you a continuous rail with the upper receiver rail. MOE handguards work, but they're tight.

I use a lightly milled Oracle upper on my CMMG Mk8 lower, and I've been entirely happy with it. Excellent budget option for slinging .308 down range.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Will they pull the magazine so it can be sent to MD? I would send it to my FFL in DE but it states "When purchasing a firearm or other restricted item, federal law requires that it MUST ship to a licensed dealer in your state."

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    IIRC, the .308 Oracle line does have one bit of weirdness, which is that the top rail is a touch higher than normal, and I believe the GB is also a touch higher.

I think this points out what you are talking about. Make sure you buy compatible parts for your profile.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/category-s/312.htm

Will they pull the magazine so it can be sent to MD? I would send it to my FFL in DE but it states "When purchasing a firearm or other restricted item, federal law requires that it MUST ship to a licensed dealer in your state."

I am having mine sent to a FFL in PA and have advised them as such. I haven't heard from them that this would be an issue, I will post if it is.

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    FYI - No issue being a MD resident and shipping to an FFL in PA. They are in route.

Thanks for answering two questions for me. Was wondering if anyone received shipping notification and if there were any issues shipping out of state.

Great news all around!

Hopefully my shipping notification comes in soon....

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    Glen Burnie
    Just an update to everyone that I've received the rifle. The transfer through High Rock was (as always) smooth and a real pleasure. Highly recommended to go through Gary whenever you can. Ended up getting 2 extra 20rd PMags through him as well.

Test fire went fine (it was surprising mild recoil) and I definitely like the rifle. It's pretty heavy for a 16" .308, but it will work fine for my intended use.

The stock and handguard, while functional, are butt ugly. The stock also has some rattle. Magpul MOE furniture (maybe in a color different than black?) is definitely in this rifle's future.

Tombstone is legit and would do business with them again in the future.

I've just mailed off the rebate form. Hopefully no problems there...

All in all, a solid deal. Ive seen some other deals on .308 ARs like the Armalite AR10 (for ~660 shipped) and the PSA PA10 (for $699 shipped) after I made this purchase but nothing for this low of a price.

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I recently received mine also. I agree with you about Tombstone Tactical - I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. They even made the effort to call to see how I wanted the 20 round magazine handled. Check your bolt catch screw - when I cocked the hammer, my bolt catch fell out. At some point the bolt catch screw had fallen out. I was planning on taking it to the range in the morning, so this wasn't the best development. I was able to find the screw on my carpet, so I was thankful my son hadn't vacuumed. The end is threaded, so I'm not sure how it could have fallen out. I threaded it back in, and so far it has remained in place during two range sessions. I fired a number of rounds of Portuguese surplus, which DPMS cautions against using, but the rifle fired that ammo and my reloads without a hitch. I added some iron sights and an inexpensive red dot. Accuracy was very good and I've really enjoyed the rifle, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom