Geissele Triggers, another reason to spend the money.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just got off the phone with Geissele.

I'd called them because my SSA-E is very close to 12k rounds and I was wondering if it was prudent to order some replacement springs to have on hand.

The answer I got made me do a double-take. The trigger and disconnect springs are considered lifetime springs (rated at in excess of 50K rounds), the hammer spring is rated for 50K rounds.

So it looks like I've still got a while before I need to worry about those springs.

Yet again - Buy Once, Cry Once. :party29:

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I believe they use Chrome Silicone Springs which sounds about right.

I only have 2 options for my AR's

Tuned Factory FCG or Geissele. Everything else is complete junk.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I still have to get one my standard FCG's up to you. Very curious to see what can be done by a more heeled hand - tuning a FCG is NOT something I want to play with just yet. ;)

This is turning into a good day. My sheriff is signing off on my Form 1, and I made an excellent choice in trigger companies.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    so the dpms I will be bringing you you want to just get that trigger ordered for me:lol2:

I would blame the trigger in your gun before I would blame your personally loaded rounds for that Kaboom.

Theres lots of choices for a Geiselle. Im hoping your barrel isn't bulged or the barrel extension isn't set back.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    If a trigger adjusting set screw on a "parts kit" trigger doesn't get you where you want to be, then Geissele is the place to be. They last forever and are well worth the premium. I'm building a one-off SBR, go as good as I can get gun, you can bet it'll have a Geissele in it.

-Jim

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Anyone shot a Geissele hi speed match trigger? This will probably be my spr trigger.

I've shot it. It's what got me addicted to Geissele's to begin with.

Very nice trigger.

ETA: I shot the Match model which is adjustable, the fellow that had that rifle had it adjusted to absolute perfection, IMO.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The adjustable Geissele Triggers are the only ones I don't like. I have seen adjustable triggers fail too often, never a Geissele but set screws don't belong on a firearm IMO.

They do feel nice though.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The adjustable Geissele Triggers are the only ones I don't like. I have seen adjustable triggers fail too often, never a Geissele but set screws don't belong on a firearm IMO.

They do feel nice though.

Part of the reason why I went with the SSA-E, non adjustable.

Learned the hard way in other areas of life - adjustable things can only go 1 of 2 ways, great - or horribly wrong.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Speed3, I'd opt for the SSA-E or even the 3-gun model, but not the SD3G - way too easy to bumpfire that one.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Chad...have you had your mitts on a Black Rain Ordnance trigger group? I just bought a Fallout 10, and I am very impressed with the trigger so far. It is a drop in unit .

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Anyone shot a Geissele hi speed match trigger? This will probably be my spr trigger.

I have 4 of them. I use them in highpower competition so they see a lot of use. They are THE trigger to have in an AR competition rifle. They have the best warranty in the business!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom