• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Other than contacting Colt, does anyone know where I can find a 3 1/8" 5-slot picatinny rail for the 2013 Colt Light Carbine LE6900?

Attachments

• colt1.jpg
      colt1.jpg
      80.1 KB · Views: 2,012
    • colt2.jpg
      colt2.jpg
      114 KB · Views: 1,798
    • colt3.jpg
      colt3.jpg
      102.1 KB · Views: 1,865

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I don't know if rails are a standard thickness, but since it looks like you intend to install a front sight of some sort it would be wise to either buy from colt, or ensure that the rails are the same thickness to make sure you don't have issues with your sights lining up (seems like you could have an issue similar to f-base and non-f-base if the rails are to thick or thin).

Eagleone

Mar 15, 2013
    picatiny rail

I just purchased this same rifle. I am also looking for the same rail as you, did you ever find any and if so could you please share where and price? Thank You

Viperwsu

Mar 17, 2013
    YHM 3 & 4" rails fit perfectly, i have both on my LE6900. However the screws that come with it are too small, so a trip to the hardware store yielded M4x.70 countersunk machine screws. The head sticks up from the countersink in the rail just a hair, but that shouldn't affect that rail slot too much. Any bigger than a 4" rail and you'll need to drill and tap new holes in the ff tube.

Enjoy!

Arrowflight

Mar 25, 2013
    Colt provided information for 3" picatinny rails

I wrote to Colt - the reply is as follow:

Here is the information you need to obtain additional 3” float-tube rails for your Colt 6900.

1. The Colt Accessory Rail Part # is: SP 300318.
    2. The price is $13.50 for each rail, + shipping.
    3. The Colt Accessory Rails are exactly the same as the rail on the top of the float-tube: about 3” long and with 5-slots for Picatinny-compatible accessories.

The 6900 accessory rails will soon be available on this Colt website: http://www.coltsmfg.com/ShopOnline.aspx

Until they appear on the website, you can order them by phone by calling the Colt Manufacturing Co. Customer Service Number at 1-800-962-2658, Ext. 1450

The accessory rails are offered only in the 3” configuration. The hole spacing on the 6900 float-tube fore-end is set up just for the 3” long, 5-slot, accessory rails, which are CNC-machined from aluminum-alloy stock.

The 3” length accepts the various sling swivel adaptors from Midwest Industries, Yankee Hill, Ergo, etc., and the bipod adaptors from Ergo and Yankee Hill for the Harris and similar bipods. It also is the right size to mount the Streamlight TLR-series and SureFire X300 series tac lights.

With four rails installed, your Colt 6900 will look something like the attached pix of our Colt Competition Rifle Model CRX-14.5 Carbine, which is equipped with a similar float-tube fore-end with four accessory rails.

While you are at it, you might purchase one of the American-made one-piece Colt Scope Mounts from your dealer too. These are built from scratch in the facility where the Colt Competition Rifles are built, CNC-machined in-house from solid 6000-series aluminum-alloy stock (no imported parts or castings), then black-anodized to match the finish on all Colt Rifles and Carbines.

The hardware included on Colt Scope Mounts conforms to the U.S. mil-spec. For consistent results, torque the one-half-inch-size side-clamp nuts to 65 in-lbs, and torque the heat-treated 8-40 Torx scope-ring screws to 25 in-lbs.

The black Scope Mount finish exactly matches that on all matte-finished Leupold scopes, and on many other quality scope brands. Genuine Colt Scope Mounts carry the Colt Logo in white, and are available for 1” diameter scopes (part # 1401) or 30mm diameter scopes (part # 1430). The Colt Scope Mounts will soon be on the Colt website too. In the meantime, your local dealer should be able to order one for you from any of their Distributors.

Colt

Attachments

• CRX-14.5 AcuSport Photo.jpg
      CRX-14.5 AcuSport Photo.jpg
      17.2 KB · Views: 1,665
    • 2013 - 5 SPEC SHEET - SCOPE MOUNT 010313 Page 5 pdf.pdf
      117 KB · Views: 276

woodawg

May 10, 2013
    thanks for the info, I just found out(the hard way) that the Magpul rails do not fit. So i will be ordering the rails from Colt.

Arrowflight

Mar 25, 2013
    Colt 6900 Rails

I ordered the 3" rails from the phone number I posted in the article above. I had to wait 3 - 4 weeks before receiving them. When you order from other than the website, make sure someone sends you an email confirmation. I was told it would be several days processing and then it would be shipped. I did have call several times and check on the order which I think helped.

Bottom line I received the rails and they are top notch construction. The 6900 is being bought a lot so the demand is high. So get your order in, get email confirmation and check in at least once a week. Once this gets to be part of there web ordering system this will be smooth and fast.

Also guys, do not believe all the crap posted on this gun, it is not a Chris Costa rig for sure but it is no slouch either. Watch the GunBlast video on it and stick to the end to see the groups the LE 6900 shoots at 100 yards, not many guns will boast 3 groups of 3/4", 5/8" and 1/2" all under 1 MOA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OvjoOwbM0Q

Arrowflight

Mar 25, 2013
    I have a Colt 6900, I upgraded to a new forearm so I have (Four) Colt picatinny that are made for this gun and other Colt competition ARs. Is anyone interested, I live in Frederick MD

Texan

God, Please Bless America
    May 4, 2014
    Texas
    I bought my 3 inch rails from Brownells. The rails are made by Yankee Hill Machine. The screws that come with the rails are too short and won't grab. I went to Lowe's and purchased Button Head Cap Screws (metric) that measure M4-.70 X 12. The screws work very well and give you 5 good Picatinny slots on which to mount a laser, flashlight, etc. The rails also have a curvature that match the curvature of the 6900 tube. Forget about waiting on Colt and get these. You won't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom