• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I spoke with Mark at Accurate Guns and Ammo last week when I ordered the GSG-5 Anniversary Edition. I was saying how goofy it seemed that these .22 rifles were bunched in the same catagory as the .223 and 5.56 assault rifles? Mark did say apparently the Maryland Attorney General is looking at this. Hopefully change may be in the wind??? Only time will tell.

But right now I agree the paperwork I saw reads that any assault looking rifle is considered a regulated weapon in their eyes right now. There is certainly no getting around that the way it's written. And there ain't no GRAY AREA when it comes to guns period. .22's or anything else.

Yeah, I saw the letter as well, I still thought it was horse shit. If it was a "copy of" then wouldn't it have more than just cosmetics in common?

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    Starting the count down. 7 days to go and I will join the fun with you all. :D

I saw mine today and it looks exactly like this. ;)

3993329351_c766303760_o.jpg

Big thanks to saltydog and Acurate gun. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md

With the 25 round mags too?

The rifle does come with 25 mag, but they can't deliver the mag with the rifle.

but the rifle is the one with an adjustable stock.

I wasn't worried much about the mag. As long as the rifle comes with adjustable stock and have it in stock, I'm ok with that. :thumbsup:,

And my friends in VA just gave me 5 of the 25 rounds mags as a gift. :D

Can't wait to bring it to the range.

ifp123

Jan 15, 2009
    Hello all:
    -I just came back from MSAR, ran 80 flawless rounds through my Gun Connection - aquired S&W MP-22 with 25rnd mag. MSAR was filled with tons of FPS and other homeland security-types (probably re-qualification time). This was my first time shooting a rifle; I was nervous since everyone was behind the glass looking at 'that guy with some AR-15 looking-thing.' I used my small EZRC circular targets, warmed up at 10 yards, grouping was within the two inner red rings, with two in dead center (I forgot my breath-out-hold routine) Through up another target at furthest range point, shot consistant inner red circles, three dead center. Last target I shot was a rapid fire grouping of ten, within the same grouping. Trigger felt more like a button, as compared to the trigger squeeze I'm used to with my 9mm PX4 and Glock 34. -time to find an outdoor range while the weather is still warm!
    PS: I didn't need to adjust anything.

Maxicooper

Sep 16, 2008
    Ellicott City, Md
    The comment makes me drooooool. :drool:

Can't wait until next weekend. :D

Any suggestion on a sight? I'm looking for something like this Barska...

99794709.jpg

please advise, thanks.

ifp123

Jan 15, 2009
    Can someone reccommend a good brass catcher attachment for this rifle? I got a few burns from casings flying and rebounding inside my lane.
    Maxicooper - where will you be firing yours? Do you have a membership to an outdoor range? I really need to get out for at least a day to test the furthest I can shoot before putting on my scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom