• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I feel like this is the conventional way to remove stuck cases. I recently invested in an RCBS stuck case remover that a LGS had for a bargain that does the same thing.

On another note, this method is useless when you experience a case head separation in a sizing die, which happened because I failed to catch a 2-piece +p+ case NovX 9mm case which i thought was a normal nickel coated case. Luckily it happened on a carbide die so I went HAM and rammed the case wall further in the die with a sacrificial casing, crushing it, and chiseling the crushed case piece by piece until all the pieces were out.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I only watched a short piece of the video but every now and then I have to drill a case head out, screw the die into the press backwards so its facing upwards and then use a pipe spacer with washer/wrench combination as a puller.
    Bent 3006 rims you can feel just before they pull out of the shell holder lol.
    Its like you see them, understand whats about to happen, think oh what the heck and then your looking for the rigging again.
    Usually for me when that happens it time to knock it off and get out of the shop. Sort of like a precursor to what else could happen or go wrong.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    If you are going to reload there are two things you are bound to do. 1. Spill primers 2. Experience a stuck case.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    If you are going to reload there are two things you are bound to do. 1. Spill primers 2. Experience a stuck case.

I guess I’m lucky.

I’ve never spilled primers. (Powder and bullets is another story!)

I’ve never had a stuck case. (A good friend got a 7mm TC/u case stuck, and I got it out putting the die into the press from inside, and grabbed the case head with Vise Grips, and spraying with CLP, then tapping the Vise Grips with a hammer. )

Poor fool thought he only had to lube every other case.

My ONLY screw up, sofar, has been ONE ‘06 case not charged with powder.
    Found this out during a High Power Rifle Match.

Bullet never moved. (I was VERY lucky!)

Watch. I just jinxed myself!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom