• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I am attempting to attach an article from Gun Facts. It is a thoughtful discussion of the intersections between several phenomena that are aspects of the profile of mass shooters. It may be a conversation starter, particularly with regard to accessing the medical records of mass shooters to help in better understanding who they are, and how to address them proactively. If I am unsuccessful in attaching the file, maybe some of the astute minds here will rescue me.

Attachments

• Mental Health and Homicides _ Gun Facts.pdf
      1 MB · Views: 103

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    I am attempting to attach an article from Gun Facts. It is a thoughtful discussion of the intersections between several phenomena that are aspects of the profile of mass shooters. It may be a conversation starter, particularly with regard to accessing the medical records of mass shooters to help in better understanding who they are, and how to address them proactively. If I am unsuccessful in attaching the file, maybe some of the astute minds here will rescue me.

Astute I ain't, but the PDF seems to be cutting part of the article out as it changes pages, a direct link to the website/article on the blog may be better.

http://www.gunfacts.info/blog/mental-health-and-homicides/

It certainly brings up interesting points that really need to enter the discussion of what to do about mass shootings. In my opinion, the deinstitutionalization of the country should get the top consideration as the main problem as out-patient programs will not work for people in this area of mental illness, at least not initially. This certainly must be a major part of a national debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom