• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Is the actual wording of the bill made available for citizens to see before a vote?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is the actual wording of the bill made available for citizens to see before a vote?

Is it even available to the legislators? If so, how many will actually understand the ramifications?

They'll have to pass it, before the peons can find out what's in it. (Nancy Pelosi is a native Maryland Democrat - and it shows.)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I did have a cordial, even pleasant email exchange with Kathy Szeliga. I responded to one of her boilerplate update emails, expressing my concern that she didn't (in that update) make any mention of the 2A-related issues making many of her likely supporters' blood boil. I particularly remarked on the Red Flag due process issue. She indicated how upset she was with having been misled about the early version of that, and that she'd do everything in her power to stop it if it wasn't sufficiently amended to put our concerns to rest. I don't know her personally, so can't and won't speculate as to how sincerely expressed that was - but she's clearly aware that it isn't just little ol' me that was aware of how ghastly a turn of events that bill is, and what it says (and confirms) about Maryland generally. I intend to follow up with her regardless of how things go.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I’d be more okay with it if the penalties for a false accusation were any threat. I believe it’s a civil misdemeanor? How about, false reporting, mandatory 5yr sentence and felony charges. At the very least make it a felony, so the penalty for trying to take away someone’s rights is to lose yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with the penalties, no matter what, is that there's simply no way to prove willful perjury most of the time. Just like with the ex parte orders which are more often than not bogus, usually you are going to have just one person's word against another that somebody said or did something. And the turds who abuse the system know very well that they can't get convicted on a beyond a reasonable doubt standard just on a he said she said story.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As of this minute , Deb Rey is not in further play on 1032 .

If it leaves SJPC different than it arrived from House ( it would ) , and then presumably approved by full Senate , then the Senate version would be back in House's court.

* Speculating * At that point the Leadership would want a direct vote on the Senate version , whatever that is , due to time constraints .

WE would like for Senate version to go back to HJC , and try to run the clock out .

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Cross-posting my rant from our PP thread.

Thank you especially to the 30+ Patriots who responded tonight to the call to KEEP THE PRESSURE ON!

Our crew also filled the front row at the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee for hours this afternoon where there was a markup on the FAILING RED FLAG BILL. These work sessions are open to the public but by custom are rarely attended.

No more of that, hoss, especially when Mike Miller is leaning on the Senate to push through a proposal that is OVERWHELMED WITH LEGAL AND CONSTITUTIONAL PROBLEMS.

The main issue is this: the angry and vindictive sponsors of this bill from Montgomery County and PG County are demanding a law unlike anything in the 240+ years of our Democratic Republic. They are attempting to criminalize "FUTURE DANGER" based on the declarations of people who say they are "fearful". They want PRE-CRIME POLICE to respond to homes across Maryland and take firearm owners into custody based on SUSPICIONS about moods, gripes, crankiness, or normal sadness of people who also happen to be firearm owners!

The original intent of the House Bill was to allow "any interested Democrat" (oops, "any interested person") to point accusing fingers at gun owners in order to do widespread backdoor firearm confiscations. The intent is clear because the bill NEVER ASKS THE POLICE TO PICK UP THE KNIVES, HAMMERS, HATCHETS, AXES, BASEBALL BATS, FIREPLACE IRONS....NOTHING, EXCEPT FIREARMS.

According to numbers supplied from mental health experts, there are about 3,000 people detained across Maryland for mental health issues using time-tested regs called the "Health General Title 10" codes. For hysterical Democrats though, they are frustrated that the firearm owners they despise are overwhelmingly.... NOT MENTALLY ILL!

They may be upset, grumpy, cranky, frustrated, uncivil, argumentative, etc, etc, while legally possessing a firearm--but that does not make them PRE-CRIMINALS, as the overwrought sponsors claim.

Since last week, every discussion about how to make their RED FLAG FIREARM CONFISCATION PLAN workable has run into brick walls. That's because there are NO SOLUTIONS to the embedded Civil Rights violations, or about proceeding without a warrant and Due Process (and other 4th Amendment violations), or to violations of HIPPA laws (medical privacy), and on and on.

We have to sit there quietly and watch legislators pleading with various mental health experts, law enforcement--and worse--a lobbyist for the gun-hating "Everytown For Gun Safety" group about how this will work AND NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY ANSWERS THAT DON'T VIOLATE OUR CIVIL RIGHTS.

So the legislators and sponsors announce: "We'll come back tomorrow and try again!" To what purpose? It's been clear since day one that PRE-CRIME POLICE, sent out into the night by someone who is "alarmed" by someone in their lives, cannot do what the PRE-CRIME DEMOCRAT OVERLORDS want to have done because OUR CONSTITUTION IS STANDING IN THE WAY!

The very fact that Democrats--many of whom are lawyers----are continuing this charade in the face of the clear evidence that this plan is unlawful--demonstrates the fear that Senate President Mike Miller creates when demanding a RED FLAG LAW NO MATTER WHAT. These politician-lawyers in the MGA have chucked all ethics aside like so much garbage because they are afraid of some Calvert liquor store owner who wields a gavel. Shame on them!

Our crew will be back out tomorrow (Tuesday) to attend the RED FLAG CIRCUS & SIDESHOW in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee because they have declared that the contortions they have been through are too tiresome AND THEY JUST WANNA VOTE on this disgraceful Civil Rights violating scheme to end their agony! We will keep you up to date from Annapolis.

In the meantime, flood all the Democrats and Republicans with phone calls to tell them that if they vote for this RED FLAG abomination that you will work for ANY AND ALL candidates who want their seats in the next election. If you are emailing, please insert some of the photos from this thread with our signs announcing that we will do everything possible to see that their challengers win the primaries and/or the general election later this year.

Attachments

• 62815DAB-F761-40E9-AA3A-55D67F040BDE.jpg
      62815DAB-F761-40E9-AA3A-55D67F040BDE.jpg
      90.3 KB · Views: 289
    • A58697FA-C713-422A-B736-137FE1154BD6.jpg
      A58697FA-C713-422A-B736-137FE1154BD6.jpg
      86.2 KB · Views: 286
    • 04F34C28-1095-4028-876E-EABE7DB24D10.jpg
      04F34C28-1095-4028-876E-EABE7DB24D10.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 299
    • 26F02009-8FAC-45B3-BA01-E4EFFFF2C415.jpg
      26F02009-8FAC-45B3-BA01-E4EFFFF2C415.jpg
      73.1 KB · Views: 320
    • 3022C2F0-770F-4CFE-B6DF-F23A552CCEBB.jpg
      3022C2F0-770F-4CFE-B6DF-F23A552CCEBB.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 296
    • C53506C2-C2BD-43C0-99C0-5C5A2E9CB5E8.jpg
      C53506C2-C2BD-43C0-99C0-5C5A2E9CB5E8.jpg
      86 KB · Views: 294
    • 08B32269-4574-4F99-825D-6FA645AFB80E.jpg
      08B32269-4574-4F99-825D-6FA645AFB80E.jpg
      64.4 KB · Views: 296
    • 628E0223-8BFF-462E-851E-26F66B80F95A.jpg
      628E0223-8BFF-462E-851E-26F66B80F95A.jpg
      81.7 KB · Views: 316
    Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Remind us what time the sausage making starts in SJPC today ( 4/3 ) , so I can set my alarm clock .

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I can understand why Busch is behind this. But why is Miller wasting his political capital on it? It's not as if there's any ideological motivation for him, it's just an exercise in raw power. Doesn't he have more profitable legislation to support?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    As of this minute , Deb Rey is not in further play on 1032 .

If it leaves SJPC different than it arrived from House ( it would ) , and then presumably approved by full Senate , then the Senate version would be back in House's court.

* Speculating * At that point the Leadership would want a direct vote on the Senate version , whatever that is , due to time constraints .

WE would like for Senate version to go back to HJC , and try to run the clock out .

Deb Rey should have voted no in the first place. And she should explain herself to southern Marylanders, who are pissed of like never before

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While certainly that is true , at this minute she can't actually do anything regarding the Bills form or passage. Until 23:59:59 on 4/09/18 , we need to keep our eye on the current General Assembly , and do everthing we can to effect the currently pending Bills.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    While certainly that is true , at this minute she can't actually do anything regarding the Bills form or passage. Until 23:59:59 on 4/09/18 , we need to keep our eye on the current General Assembly , and do everthing we can to effect the currently pending Bills.

True, and we also need to remember southern md needs new delegates since deb, may and jerry are anti gun traitors. This too can not be forgotten.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Post far and wide on Social Media

Made to be played at ...
    Full Screen and Full Volume

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    RED FLAG BILL markup & discussion session now underway at Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee, with the group messing with minor bills first.

Deep Lurker and I now joined by MSI President Mark Pennak.

They refuse to provide us a working copy of the language because Chair Zirkin says it represents Committee work product.

Unclear if they will vote on HB1302 today—more likely tomorrow.

In response to a question from the NRA lobbyist about the status of the bill language still “floating”, Zirkin said “I think we got it”....

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yesterday was the deadline day for legislature to pass bills to provide them time to override a Gov Hogan veto.

The fact that the Femocrats didn’t sweat the deadline for the RED FLAG BILL was because the Gov indicated weeks ago that he would sign a RED FLAG BILL (that he would not know the contents of)

C’mon Gov...

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Yesterday was the deadline day for legislature to pass bills to provide them time to override a Gov Hogan veto.

The fact that the Femocrats didn’t sweat the deadline for the RED FLAG BILL was because the Gov indicated weeks ago that he would sign a RED FLAG BILL (that he would not know the contents of)

ive taken the term you use for them often and started using it myself

Cucks, its so fitting.

Thank you for all you do for the cause Rack.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    On behalf of our crew that stalks these sessions, thanks.

About 6:20pm (almost 2.5 hours in) and the RED FLAG BILL not yet in discussion.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Well now Hogan has no excuse to not veto bad bills. They can't override them. No more "I signed it for political reasons."

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    While certainly that is true , at this minute she can't actually do anything regarding the Bills form or passage.

There may not be anything she can do at this time about the bill. She sure could do something to explain her position to the voters in her district. Her silence is speaking volumes to me about her character. I know next time she comes down to SLSC wanting an audience and donations she won't be able to count on me this time around. That is unless she has a really really good excuse for her silence.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    There may not be anything she can do at this time about the bill. She sure could do something to explain her position to the voters in her district. Her silence is speaking volumes to me about her character. I know next time she comes down to SLSC wanting an audience and donations she won't be able to count on me this time around. That is unless she has a really really good excuse for her silence.

There is no excuse, that’s why the silence

And the hopes that voters have short memories

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom