Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old March 12th, 2018, 01:06 AM #51

To expand on 71Chevelle's point :

For this year's testimony , I looked at people from whon firearms siezed in Baltimore . In the vicinity of 85% were Prohibited Persons .

I also did limited cross checking of those named with Judiary Case Search . None of that sample were charged with Prohibited in Possession. The one that was charged with a laundry list of gun related charges , was in Possession of illegally converted full auto, and illegal suppressor. All the firearm charges were Nolle Pros'ed except for one count of improper possession of Regulated Weapon , with probation only .

My point was that by simply enforcing Prohibited Persons, AND giving meaning sentencing most of the Bad Actors could be removed from the streets of B'more , without complicated conspiracy investigations, or reliance unpon justifiably skittish witnesses .

And the other trivia question, is that from my sample , where sufficient information available , the suspects with no history , nor accusations of wrongdoing at time of being busted was about 4% . This could mean that few people are making the decision to protect themselves without benefit of unavailable piece of plastic. Or could be a whole bunch of them , who all conduct themselves so as to not require the attention of LE .
Biggfoot44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2018, 02:15 PM #52

Got mine using the OPM, ect..I'm up for renewal this year. I've decided NOT to renew it. Too much trouble, time and money..besides, I hope to move to a friendlier state soon.
lonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues