• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Wasn't a woman held hostage and beaten for 9 months, on Brookebury Dr, Reisterstown....??

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Wasn't a woman held hostage and beaten for 9 months, on Brookebury Dr, Reisterstown....??

You know the whole story there?

Bad shit happens EVERYWHERE. 70 people were shot while watching an effing movie in Aurora CO. Evil is everywhere. Reisterstown is NOT ghetto by any means.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Keep ya panties on ;)

I never said it was worse than other places or that it had more crime than other States.

Having lived and worked in Reisterstown for years... I have seen the area change.

Its my opinion, you don't have to agree.

It's ghetto..!

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    Keep ya panties on ;)

I never said it was worse than other places or that it had more crime than other States.

Having lived and worked in Reisterstown for years... I have seen the area change.

It's ghetto..!

No, it isn't. Try living in Eastern Europe in a Gypsy neighborhood. Try living in West Baltimore for that matter. Baltimore County is nowhere near ghetto dude. Baltimore County is full of a bunch of city outcasts with nothing to do.

9mm

guns and glory
    Jul 21, 2009
    P.G County
    Keep ya panties on ;)

It's ghetto..!

Your ass is ghetto for thinking like that

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    It was bound to happen like most places as the population, crime and cancer spreads.

The unsavory types moved out of the city to Owings Mills.

Now they've moved up to Reisterstown...

Next will be Westminster and beyond.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    It was bound to happen like most places as the population, crime and cancer spreads.

The unsavory types moved out of the city to Owings Mills.

Now they've moved up to Reisterstown...

Next will be Westminster and beyond.

Sure, cancer does spread but America (currently) is a cake walk compared to other "ghettos" in the world. Be happy you can walk down the street without fear of being shot/raped/stabbed/mugged. Reisterstown stabbings/shootings/etc are rare.

The writing is on the wall, though I wouldn't go so far as to classify Reisterstown as "ghetto" just yet. However, it certainly has it's problems and is well on it's way if they aren't remedied. But, I grew up in the city and have worked in west Baltimore for the past seven years, so my opinion of ghetto may vary from the consensus. As I stated earlier, it just isn't far enough away from the city, public transit, or highways. I've been here going on three years, and have noticed a steady change for the worse over the past year or so. I guess being bordered by Owings Mills and Randallstown doesn't help either.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Racists views .

Who mentioned race at all?

I dont care what your skin color is. If you sit on your sofa all day, buy food on an orange .gov handout card, dont pay your bills, spend whatever money you get on lottery tickets instead of clothes/food for your children, and have no drive to better yourself or your family then you are part of the problem.

Doesnt matter if your white, black, asian, hispanic. If your a turd and live a turd lifestyle your a turd.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    The writing is on the wall, though I wouldn't go so far as to classify Reisterstown as "ghetto" just yet. However, it certainly has it's problems and is well on it's way if they aren't remedied. But, I grew up in the city and have worked in west Baltimore for the past seven years, so my opinion of ghetto may vary from the consensus. As I stated earlier, it just isn't far enough away from the city, public transit, or highways. I've been here going on three years, and have noticed a steady change for the worse over the past year or so. I guess being bordered by Owings Mills and Randallstown doesn't help either.

Every town has its problems. Thanks to humans.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    LOL...According to Wikipedia,"A ghetto is a part of a city predominantly occupied by a particular group, especially because of social or economic issues, or because they have been forced to live there (e.g. the Jewish Ghettos in Europe).
    The term was originally used in Venice derived from the word Borghetto, meaning Little Borgo, a cluster of homes and buildings often outside Italian city walls, to describe the area where Jews, tradespeople or agricultural workers were compelled to live. In rural Italy, Borghetto is not necessarily a pejorative term. In modern context, the term ghetto now refers to an overcrowded urban area often associated with specific ethnic or racial populations living below the poverty line. Crime rates in ghettoes are typically higher than in other parts of the city."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghetto on July 26, 2012.

So I guess it's ghetto...lol just kidding. Seriously speaking, I have observed that numerous serious crimes have been reported on this forum that has occurred in Reisterstown the past few weeks. I'm sorry to hear that is happening. I live in e outskirts of Frederick and its a good community but there are some streets where parents let there kids run around. Good thing there are lots of sheriffs who frequent our community...and that behind every door is a shotgun ready to rock...at least most on my street. LOL.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Who mentioned race at all?

I dont care what your skin color is. If you sit on your sofa all day, buy food on an orange .gov handout card, dont pay your bills, spend whatever money you get on lottery tickets instead of clothes/food for your children, and have no drive to better yourself or your family then you are part of the problem.

Doesnt matter if your white, black, asian, hispanic. If your a turd and live a turd lifestyle your a turd.

Pretty much sums it up..

I agree it's not about skin color, it's about attitude and lazy low life scum, living off our dime, and destroying the cities and towns they live in.

Every town has its problems. Thanks to humans.

I agree 100% which is why I'm reluctant to write off Reisterstown just yet. I like it here. There are still many good people, at least from what I've seen in my short time. It reminds me of the neighborhoods by which you were identified when growing up in the city not so long ago. It's just hard to protect what's left. There is no buffer, so to speak, to the south of here and all the shit spilling out form Baltimore.

faze

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2010
    Baltimore County, MD
    I agree 100% which is why I'm reluctant to write off Reisterstown just yet. I like it here. There are still many good people, at least from what I've seen in my short time. It reminds me of the neighborhoods by which you were identified when growing up in the city not so long ago. It's just hard to protect what's left. There is no buffer, so to speak, to the south of here and all the shit spilling out form Baltimore.

Buy guns, ammo, cameras and an alarm system. You will be fine. G&S has been shot down and we can all carry now. Life goes on.

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC

Just the nature of the beast I guess...

Over population, economy, and bad social skills.

Spreading out of the cities to commit crime, and take advantage of richer and less dangerous areas.

Just drive 2 or 3 miles down the road to Owings Mills, and it's a complete poop hole.

A mall that gets robbed weekly in broad daylight, and nobody want to visit in fear of their life.

Like I said it's just an opinion, and I'm not just going by random facts or crap I hear through the interweb.

I have lived and work in Reisterstown for years, and I beleive it's changing fast.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Just the nature of the beast I guess...

Over population, economy, and bad social skills.

Spreading out of the cities to commit crime, and take advantage of richer and less dangerous areas.

Just drive 2 or 3 miles down the road to Owings Mills, and it's a complete poop hole.

A mall that gets robbed weekly in broad daylight, and nobody want to visit in fear of their life.

Like I said it's just an opinion, and I'm not just going by random facts or crap I hear through the interweb.

I have lived and work in Reisterstown for years, and I beleive it's changing fast.

It is changing fast. Look at Cockeysville. They bulldoze section 8 in the city and stick them in Essex. Then close that and stick em in nice quiet Cockeysville. The light rail is the single biggest threat to everyone in the area. It lets the scum come up to the nice areas and steal and bring them back. I have friends who work Cockeysville precinct and all I hear is damn light rail this damn light rail that. I know a guy who works loss prevention at Sears and he said they always run straight to the lightrail. Criminals are indeed spreading into Owings Mills and Reisterstown. It's a FACT. I've lived in Cockeysville my entire life and now I watch STONED addicts walk down aylesbury road after getting their methadone. That program is good for some people but the ones I see abuse it. Ride the lightrail up, get stoned, and zombie walk to shoprite (formerly super fresh) and shoplift. I hate public transportation. End rant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom