• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Anyone have a recommendation for a landscaper in Frederick? Mulching, pruning, putting in some plants. Nothing hardscape.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    If commercial...
    Ruppert Landscape.
    FYI... I presently work in their corporate office.

khusband24

Jan 3, 2013
    I used Great American Landscapes out of Clarksburg for a complete overhaul of the front beds and installing a paver walkway. They also layed sod and planted new evergreen trees in our backyard.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Thanks. I gave a few of the recommendations a call. I had used someone the last couple years but I think he has moved on to other businesses. Last year, he was complaining that Trump was the cause of the dry up in cheap labor and he couldn't find workers. Trump had been in office all of 3 months. Also, I don't think he liked my NRA hat I wear when I'm doing jobs around the house. Whenever he talked to me he would be looking at my hat.

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    I got a guy when you realize no one wants to work. Can you speak spanish? I had a similar thread last year and yielded the same results as you. Ramone is your guy.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    To revisit this in case anyone needs a landscaper in Frederick. After all this time I finally got the job done.

I found out a lot about this process as I rarely hire contractors. However a paver patio install was too much for me to handle and after watching the process I was correct.

First, it seemed to me since we had a small project (<$10k) most places didn't want to deal with us. Got about 6 estimates that were all over the place and had trouble getting a few to even call or email me back. I was shocked but I guess business is really good right now. If they do, they will charge way too much just in case you are willing to overpay.

After a bunch of miscommunications with one outfit I really liked and recommended on here, we reluctantly went with Clearwater Landscapers in Frederick. I was concerned because they are a big outfit and I like the Mom and Pop style contractors. I find they have more pride and drive to do a good job. However, my prejudices were just that as they did a top notch job and customer service was phenomenal. I had a bunch of off the wall requests and they met each one. It took about a week. Each day, I would walk outside every hour or so to see progress and the foreman would stop and explain what was going on and what was happening next. I was very impressed. I highly recommend them. Their pricing was middle of the road too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom