• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Maryland carry happens everyday whenever anyone in this "free state" decides to keep and bear arms, and there's absolutely nothing any politician or judge can do about it.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Maryland carry happens everyday whenever anyone in this "free state" decides to keep and bear arms, and there's absolutely nothing any politician or judge can do about it.

True, and I am a firm believer of its best to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 but md is getting crazier every day and I am now to fvck in old to sit in a md prison for defending mysels as I did a couple weeks ago on wv. Old folks down here say I am crazy for worrying about a permit but I would prefer to be legal when I can.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

True, and I am a firm believer of its best to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 but md is getting crazier every day and I am now to fvck in old to sit in a md prison for defending mysels as I did a couple weeks ago on wv. Old folks down here say I am crazy for worrying about a permit but I would prefer to be legal when I can.
    Though somewhat hypocritical, I approve of both of these posts.

Henceforth on MDS, I will also be know as Sybil.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

I knew very few people, when in my 20's that couldn't have been searched then doing a stretch. Mexican carry was very popular while clubbing, in DC no less. Llama 1911 was popular.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

As you should be. That's what good people concern themselves with.

What's naive at best given ignorance, or if arrogance in my opinion downright criminally negligent? That would be for our lawmakers to position citizens to have to choose,under threat of incarceration, between breaking the law or defending their lives. Your W.VA. incident is a case in point reminder for all of us.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    As you should be. That's what good people concern themselves with.

What's naive at best given ignorance, or if arrogance in my opinion downright criminally negligent? That would be for our lawmakers to position citizens to have to choose,under threat of incarceration, between breaking the law or defending their lives. Your W.VA. incident is a case in point reminder for all of us.

IMO the mga isn't concerned about the lives of we serfs, money and control is what they concern themselves with.

And that incident has been a eye opener for my wife. She's always been very pro gun but concerned about breaking the law. Now we don't go out of the house without her asking me am I packing. She's aggravating me about figuring out a way around mds permit and hgrb schemes to get a permit all the while knowing it's about 99% or better of a chance of pissing that money right away.

Maryland's schemes and ******** make va and wv, even with the recent incident, look better every day.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The average Marylander doesn't say I am not going to do that, they say I can't afford to do that. Folks have bills to pay. You know the same reason we are supposed to bitch about the $100-200 it costs for the HQL.

I am still of the mindset that the governor should quietly tell the msp super to allow self defense as g and s and let frost sue and force the mga to put forth a bill saying they don't want their constituents to be able to defend themselves and see where the chips fall then. But alas that's not gonna happen with hogan in there.

Central md needs more republicans to change the makeup of the mga. Or here we sit.

I have been saying this since he took office, I firmly believe that if he did this and the MGA decided to file a bill against personal protection as G&S, we could fill Annapolis with even more people than in 2013. Could we end up in a worse situation? Absolutely. And I willing to take that chance and be a part of that fight in Annapolis? Absolutely. It's a pity that the Governor doesn't think that we can be effective in Annapolis, and it is also a shame he won't step out of his comfort zone.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There HAS been such a lawsuit, Shepperd. It has run its course, until fresh Federal decisions on the subject come down , there is little grounds to relittigate the exact same issue.

In the 2017 MGA session we came within 27 minutes of getting Bill passed that would have greatly reduced the upfront costs of applying for W&C Permits.

I am aware of Wollard, but that doesn't prevent us from trying again. Look at Wrenn v DC and Grace v DC, both on the G&S issue three months apart, Wrenn didn't receive a stay, Grace did, both got combined at the Circuit level and gave us the current opinion out of the DC Circuit against G&S. We should never stop fighting on all fronts and given the guidance out of the 7th and DC Circuits, it might be time to go after this again.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    The average Marylander doesn't say I am not going to do that, they say I can't afford to do that. Folks have bills to pay. You know the same reason we are supposed to bitch about the $100-200 it costs for the HQL.

I am still of the mindset that the governor should quietly tell the msp super to allow self defense as g and s and let frost sue and force the mga to put forth a bill saying they don't want their constituents to be able to defend themselves and see where the chips fall then. But alas that's not gonna happen with hogan in there.

Central md needs more republicans to change the makeup of the mga. Or here we sit.

This is exactly the only way we are going to see change here. But with the lemming that asked the AG's office or the opinion or the power of the MSP super giving cover to the weak kneed to do nothing we are stuck with the system we have. With requiring a good reason for a permit and then not defining what that good reason is it makes challenging it that much more difficult in my mind, while also giving cover to liberal judges. Too bad there isn't a single politician in MD with the nerve to take this on with the fire that the libs do their causes as for the most part, and has been stated here before, no one cares what we say or want.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Maybe this would be a better use of NRA or other .org money then lobbying MGA. But if they paid or subsidized the cost of going thru the motions that would get the number of denials needed to make a issue of this. Just a thought.

SAF is the leader in this realm not the NRA with regards to G&S lawsuits. As for subsidizing the process, why not just ask a trainer to do a discounted course for a class full of folks that would be willing to apply under G&S and continue forward with a lawsuit? And I understand the cost of getting the wear and carry permit, but I never understood people wanting someone else to pay for, or to help pay for, their fight for their Constitutional rights? If you can't afford the fight, I understand that, but to ask someone to pay for your fight.......really? And before anyone jumps up and down about the various organizations asking for money to fight for your rights, they do so for their members, and even in doing that, their individual members have to apply on their own, and then they pitch in with the lawsuit at the appropriate level.

Wollard paid for his own W&C permit and his renewals, he even paid for his lawyer at the first levels. It wasn't until after the failure at the Circuit Court that SAF stepped in and helped sure it through the federal levels.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    IMO the mga isn't concerned about the lives of we serfs, money and control is what they concern themselves with.

And that incident has been a eye opener for my wife. She's always been very pro gun but concerned about breaking the law. Now we don't go out of the house without her asking me am I packing. She's aggravating me about figuring out a way around mds permit and hgrb schemes to get a permit all the while knowing it's about 99% or better of a chance of pissing that money right away.

Maryland's schemes and ******** make va and wv, even with the recent incident, look better every day.

Mine has twice had a sawed off shotgun stuck in her face. Same group, two separate incidents.

I fully understand and agree with your sentiments. There are no utopias. There will always be trash who want to prey on others. They exist in every state. Some states acknowledge that reality presently, and avail to their citizens the correct path of allowing them the option of protecting themselves against that very real possibility. Others, like Maryland, and for whatever reasons that I'd suggest ultimately won't matter, deny that most basic of inherent rights.

The undoing of the MGA will one day come. I may not live long enough to see it, but it's coming. It will one day come because the MGA either fundamentally misunderstands or purposely misapplies the most basic functional definition of true authority. That definition lies not with the ability to write law, but rather with the continued willingness of the governed to willingly accept law as written. The distinction is both as real as it is absolute.

Keep the faith, and I hope things settle for your Mrs. 44. It takes awhile. It did for mine.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Carrying happens, but I think we're talking about LEGALLY carrying in the state of Maryland.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No, it's all about getting reelected, first and foremost. THEN money and control.

You know, I would like to get a one on one with some of the MGA and ask them point blank (pun intended), why they won't pass a bill that will allow law abiding residents of this state the right to carry a firearm to protect themselves and their families.

What do you think their answers would be?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Mine has twice had a sawed off shotgun stuck in her face. Same group, two separate incidents.

I fully understand and agree with your sentiments. There are no utopias. There will always be trash who want to prey on others. They exist in every state. Some states acknowledge that reality presently, and avail to their citizens the correct path of allowing them the option of protecting themselves against that very real possibility. Others, like Maryland, and for whatever reasons that I'd suggest ultimately won't matter, deny that most basic of inherent rights.

The undoing of the MGA will one day come. I may not live long enough to see it, but it's coming. It will one day come because the MGA either fundamentally misunderstands or purposely misapplies the most basic functional definition of true authority. That definition lies not with the ability to write law, but rather with the continued willingness of the governed to willingly accept law as written. The distinction is both as real as it is absolute.

Keep the faith, and I hope things settle for your Mrs. 44. It takes awhile. It did for mine.

My thought (hope?) is that the MGA will be undone not on their anti-2A stance, but on their open perjury about gerrymandering. That's the gaping wound in their side that's a nationwide sore spot with the taxpayers. I'd love to see some prison time for some MGA creatures because of that eventually.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    My thought (hope?) is that the MGA will be undone not on their anti-2A stance, but on their open perjury about gerrymandering. That's the gaping wound in their side that's a nationwide sore spot with the taxpayers. I'd love to see some prison time for some MGA creatures because of that eventually.

What... wait... whoa..... That was all a misunderstanding. They never meant anything by that. Come on, you know how the media screws up their reporting all of the time.... :rolleyes:

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013

Whatever works, and very definitely a viable angle to pursue. Yet another example that their long unchecked arrogance knows no bounds. They got Capone for arguably the very least of his crimes. He ultimately rotted in prison just as surely. Yes, more than one way to skin a cat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom