• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Honestly this is turning out even better and quicker than I thought. This officially makes the Mac family guns the subgun to own over the Uzi.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Honestly this is turning out even better and quicker than I thought. This officially makes the Mac family guns the subgun to own over the Uzi.

IMHO that only occurs when the product is actually on the market. Close, but not yet. And even then you're comparing a stand-alone Uzi to a not-stand-alone MAC.

On the other hand, if I owned an M11/9 I'd certainly want one of those uppers.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    This was the original prototype created by a self taught guy in his house because he thought it would be cool. The Lage version looks much sleeker.

Attachments

• m11-15-upper-5.6lbs (1).JPG
      m11-15-upper-5.6lbs (1).JPG
      14.5 KB · Views: 249

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I am on the list. I am not sure if I will actually buy when it comes out. Having a M16, I don't know if I need a $2k upper to shoot 223 but we will see. No doubt its a great step forward. For me, it might really make the difference if I have to drill the receiver vs. just drop it on. I don't want to use the M16 stock/recoil system on the Mac. We will see.

IMHO that only occurs when the product is actually on the market. Close, but not yet. And even then you're comparing a stand-alone Uzi to a not-stand-alone MAC....

You know, its been close for a while now. In stock condition, sure the Uzi is better. However with upgrades, I think they are almost equal at present time. I think if the Lage upper is successful, the M11/9 will rise above the Uzi, second only to the MP5 for a modern SMG.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Yes.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

to buy when it comes out?

i'll get one.

I am on the list. I am not sure if I will actually buy when it comes out. Having a M16, I don't know if I need a $2k upper to shoot 223 but we will see. No doubt its a great step forward. For me, it might really make the difference if I have to drill the receiver vs. just drop it on. I don't want to use the M16 stock/recoil system on the Mac. We will see.

Badass! I am on the list too thanks to this thread. I believe you are going to have to drill the receiver unfortunately.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    IMHO that only occurs when the product is actually on the market. Close, but not yet. And even then you're comparing a stand-alone Uzi to a not-stand-alone MAC.

On the other hand, if I owned an M11/9 I'd certainly want one of those uppers.

True but in my opinion the M11/9 was better even before this upper. The Uzi mag is the only clear advantage over the M11/9 with a Lage upper, but optics are much easier with Lage. And the price of the M11/9 plus Lage 9mm and 5.56 uppers should still be roughly the cost of an Uzi RR.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    True but in my opinion the M11/9 was better even before this upper. The Uzi mag is the only clear advantage over the M11/9 with a Lage upper, but optics are much easier with Lage. And the price of the M11/9 plus Lage 9mm and 5.56 uppers should still be roughly the cost of an Uzi RR.

Optics are pretty easy with a $70 upgrade to the Uzi top cover. That's what it cost me to pick up a top cover with an installed picatinny rail. That said, both are very good options for entry level full autos. I favor the Uzi, but also like my M11A1s with various Lage uppers.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Optics are pretty easy with a $70 upgrade to the Uzi top cover. That's what it cost me to pick up a top cover with an installed picatinny rail. That said, both are very good options for entry level full autos. I favor the Uzi, but also like my M11A1s with various Lage uppers.

Is your top cover loose? The couple I have seen had some play, wasn't very inspiring. If it holds zero after disassembly that's not a bad solution.

They had to ban drum magazines at the knob creek subgun match because of complaints that the Max-31 was unfair.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Is your top cover loose? The couple I have seen had some play, wasn't very inspiring. If it holds zero after disassembly that's not a bad solution.

They had to ban drum magazines at the knob creek subgun match because of complaints that the Max-31 was unfair.

Uzi top covers by nature are a little loose. Its good enough for me with a non-magnified red dot (Leupold Delta Point). Some people tighten them up with JB weld or pinching in the sides.

As you know, I have a Max-31A also. Very fun upper. I prefer it in the shorter platform of the M11A1 vs the M11.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    $3000 is going to be hard to swallow, especially since he was telling everyone it was going to be cheaper than the Sabre, never mind drilling a hole in your gun.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Definitely not going to sell as many, but if I was him that is what I charge also. The upper should be better than the Sabre and Lage has historically had great backing of their product. The MG is no longer a poor mans game, that's for sure.

The prototype that was given to him was still a crude clamshell design, the Max11/15 appears to be single piece billet aluminum.

And the drilling the hole in the gun has been a requirement of both the Sabre and the prototype, so that's not really a surprise. The ATF may approve his other design with an internal recoil mechanism, but I doubt it.

Attachments

• max11.JPG
      max11.JPG
      14.5 KB · Views: 137
    • 27654415_1640271566059972_7257770243154418248_n.jpg
      27654415_1640271566059972_7257770243154418248_n.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 140
    Last edited:

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    $3000 is going to be hard to swallow, especially since he was telling everyone it was going to be cheaper than the Sabre, never mind drilling a hole in your gun.

I agree

I've read a few posts here and there on speculation of the M11's going up in value as soon as the lage upper is released - doubt it if the price is $3k

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom