• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    From reading this thread (good thread btw...)

I'm going to grease the damned locking lugs on my Turk Mauser. Maybe this will help.

Normally I just keep a treating of G96 on the internals to prevent rust while storage, and while G96's carrier evaporates, it's seemed "good enough" on most of my Mauser's (I'm not a fan of heavily oiling/greasing bolt action rifles).

We'll see...

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    I'd re-do the bolt innards again just to make sure. And of course, lightly lube while you're inside. If that doesn't work, I'll leave it to the brighter bulbs here for an answer.

So I took the bolt apart, cleaned and polished it a bit. Then polished and deburred the raceways inside the action, That helped a great deal. Some of these Yugos were very poorly machined. It's running a bit better and I will keep at it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So I took the bolt apart, cleaned and polished it a bit. Then polished and deburred the raceways inside the action, That helped a great deal. Some of these Yugos were very poorly machined. It's running a bit better and I will keep at it.

EXCELLENT! I have an Argentine that (so far) runs smooth as silk. This is a very educational thread for me as well. Thanks to all.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    EXCELLENT! I have an Argentine that (so far) runs smooth as silk. This is a very educational thread for me as well. Thanks to all.

I was so worried about removing too much metal that I did it by hand with polish and a rag. My hands hurt but it runs much much better! So many tool marks inside these things! Sloppy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom