• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is it just me , but every time I see this thread title , I think of Western Auto ?

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    This may seem like a dumb question, but is it designed for a 5.56? Its like a square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't a square. You can shoot .223 in a 5.56, but it could be disastrous shooting a 5.56 in a .223. I haven't been able to find any literature on this gun as to which it is designed to shoot.

The AR15 is designed to shoot 223 and 5.56 interchangeably, with no issues. The problem arises with the chamber being reamed for 223, yet it is marketed as a 5.56 chamber. But if you have a 223 chamber, run 500-1000 rounds through it and it will open up the leade, so you can be less concerned about a issue with 5.56 ammo. My recommendation is to get a set of headspace gauges and use those to find out if you have a 223 or a 5.56 chamber.

https://pacifictoolandgauge.com/saa...saami-headspace-gauge-set-go-no-go-field.html

A dear friend and I were able to get our hands on a set of modified gauges for 223, 5.56, and 5.56 FIELD, when the SOTAR group buy was going on, so we don't have to pull the extractor and ejector from the bolt faces. Just a bit ago, I snagged the go, no-go, and field gauges for 300BLK and 308 Win, and another good friend of mine is turning the bases for me, so that I don't have to pull the ejector or extractors on those calibers.

NoIC

Apr 3, 2021
    Hi OP

Also looking at this gun. There's not much info online for it other than what's from HD Defense's own website and wanted to see if you or anyone ever did get a chance to try the gun out and have any feedback. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom