• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Hi all,

I have a few positions to fill at the AGC in Marriottsville. These jobs can be filled by one person, two, or even three or more depending on the skill set of the applicant.

The first position is a part-time Range Safety Officer. Certification is not required as we offer all training as part of the job. (RSO, First Aid, CPR, AED, and trauma first aid (coming soon)). The highest priority skill set is actually customer service. Only naturally outgoing, friendly, and upbeat people will be considered.

Firearms knowledge is certainly a plus, but I'm not looking for a walking encyclopedia of gun knowledge either. Impeccable personal firearm handling skills are a must. We can teach the safe operation (what good looks like) of any type of firearm action you are not familiar with.

You must be over 21 and legally allowed to own a regulated firearm in MD. This position requires primarily weekends and probably one weekday evening per week (somewhat dependent upon the season). This job entails 95%+ walking behind the firing line and interacting with our customers. Very rarely are you inside or sitting. This may be between 8-16 hours per week depending on the season.

The second position is a maintenance person for our rental house properties. Excellent handyman skills and/or specific skills with major household mechanical systems are a must. Skills such as HVAC, plumbing, electric, appliances, landscaping, etc. are needed. (This is why we may need several people). We have two homes that must have their systems checked, cleaned, maintained, and repaired as needed.

The maintenance person will most likely need to work weekday evenings and/or weekends, somewhat dependent upon the home renters' preferences. This is very part-time, probably averaging about 10 hours per week. Experience is required for this position.

The final position is new and not entirely defined. It is best described as sales and administrative. Someone with the same outstanding customer service as defined above, who is also very handy with basic computer skills. This person will help with Range Badge and shooting supplies sales as well as answer the phone and greet and interact with customers and visitors in our main range building on weekends.

This person will also help handle administrative aspects of range operations. Things such as registrations for programs and events and general email inquires. This position may be as little as 5 hours per week, possibly up to 10. The administrative tasks can be performed anytime.

If you are interested in any of the above positions, please EMAIL me directly, do not PM me. A copy of your resume' would be great, but is not essential. Please just let me know why you think you'd be a good fit for any (or all) of these positions. My email is: executivevp@associatedgunclubs.org

Thanks,

Paul Shinol
    Executive Vice President
    Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    My employer already requires me to maintain my certification in CPR, First Aid, and AED use, by re-certifying every 2 years. Would you accept my employers training, in lieu of your training for FA, CPR, and AED?

Sig Snob

May 20, 2012
    Yes, we just require the certifications, not that you go through our program.

Thanks,
    Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom