• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I know a lot of us here don't care to much for Dicks Sporting Goods but I see theyre running a sale right now on the Rem 870 HD 12 ga.

Shows regular price at 379, on sale for 269.
    The flyer I received in the mail 2 days ago shows a $50 mail-in-rebate on them which puts them at $219.98 before tax... that sounds like a hell of a deal.

http://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/r...und-15rema870hdxprss1spg/15rema870hdxprss1spg

Attachments

• 20170225_193432.jpg
      20170225_193432.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 714

plumberone

Aug 26, 2013
    Millers, Maryland
    I may have some imported guns, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I may not even have any guns.

Just surprised Dicks Remington 870 is imported according to their ad.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Whoa...since when is the 870 not American made?!?!

If that's the case it will be the last Remington firearm I will purchase and I own quite a few of them including multiple 870's! I just purchased one of these new tactical models believing it was made here in the USA! Definitely not quite as smooth as my older well used workhorses! Hope this one is American made or at least that's what I thought I was purchasing! Trust me I own a few imported firearms and was aware going into the purchase! Just never figured buying a Remington! Please say it ain't so!

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    If that's the case it will be the last Remington firearm I will purchase and I own quite a few of them including multiple 870's! I just purchased one of these new tactical models believing it was made here in the USA! Definitely not quite as smooth as my older well used workhorses! Hope this one is American made or at least that's what I thought I was purchasing! Trust me I own a few imported firearms and was aware going into the purchase! Just never figured buying a Remington! Please say it ain't so!

Look over it, I believe is should tell where it is made.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Has Ilion NY roll stamped on the barrel. Interesting thing it has what appears to be a laser etched 2D bar code just to the left of the serial number on the receiver.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    The 870 Express I won in that Middle River gun raffle says NY on the barrel as well. I wonder if its a screw up on the Dicks website or wonder if some models are made up of parts that are imported from places like Turkey or something, hence the designation?

Hall Pass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2017
    Hereford, MD

I own 3 Remington shotguns but I'm with you, may never buy another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom