• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The Senator was repeatedly refering to " third party confirmation " of threats, not review.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The "word on the street" from Senator Flava Flav is the vote will be Friday.

And before any of you get your panties in a twist, I say that because last year it was the "word on the street", and this year it was "get a flavor for the board".

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Patty West getting confirmed might mean I get an update from John Josselyn about another victory. Next Maryland Hunting Coalition will chime in saying that Larry Hogan is the greatest governor ever and how they can't wait for the next new license you'll need to buy to hunt.

Maybe I'm just not in sync with the movement these days.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I don't believe Ms. West's term expires until mid-March. Hence she was not an appointee being considered by the committee last night. I also heard that all of the appointees will go to the floor for a vote on Friday.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The "word on the street" from Senator Flava Flav is the vote will be Friday.

And before any of you get your panties in a twist, I say that because last year it was the "word on the street", and this year it was "get a flavor for the board".

The board members are "smoove" and he is trying to get a "flava" of what is going on. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MV5BMTM0MDQwNjk1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDMyMDY4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why did the attorney (sorry name did not catch) on the HPRB shift the burden of proof on the applicant, away from MSP as has been previously documented?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Senator Flava Flav didn't seem to grasp that at the particular hearing from which he had inaccurate notes, there were TWO assistant AG's in attendance, one advising the HPRB ( as he does at every meeting) , and the other sitting with the MSP Troopers . The two AG's frequently had opposing advice.

The AG sitting with the LD was presumably there to advise the Troopers on legal questions, but he seemed to do most of the testifiying, while the Troopers watched.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'm looking for a lawyer for interpretation of my following claim: McFadden questions the nominations at length. He attempted to discuss several cases that are not final. I think this is a separation of powers issue where the legislative branch is trying to tell the executive branch how to do their job or how they should be doing their job. It also seems like an ethics violation to discuss individual cases that are not final....or discuss them at all.

Also, McFadden lives in Maryland and he should know that Maryland is full of people in positions of trust with the government. He completely dismisses the fact that a government IT guy needs protection. When a private company gets hacked, were talking money. When a government agency gets hacked, its a matter of National Security. Think of the power Edward Snowden had as a government IT guy. People incorrectly believe that government positions are equivalent to civilian positions. A fork lift operating for a commercial company may be hoisting cases of Pepsi onto a truck. A government fork lift operating is loading nuclear weapons into a launch tube.

Also, McFadden was concerned that one of the witness for an applicant was an officer of MSI. You would think, in a legislative elected official, that he would respect the fact that a person making claims against the state has a right to bring in a witness that is germane to the issue.

If I were those "MOMS" I would be embarrassed that he was the one listening to them.

I'd like to know if we can get a Sunshine Law Request (Freedom of Information Equivalent in the Federal Government) to see what data he has been getting. I think if we look further, there is probably more unethical happenings going on.

He is an idiot!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm looking for a lawyer for interpretation of my following claim: McFadden questions the nominations at length. He attempted to discuss several cases that are not final. I think this is a separation of powers issue where the legislative branch is trying to tell the executive branch how to do their job or how they should be doing their job. It also seems like an ethics violation to discuss individual cases that are not final....or discuss them at all.

Also, McFadden lives in Maryland and he should know that Maryland is full of people in positions of trust with the government. He completely dismisses the fact that a government IT guy needs protection. When a private company gets hacked, were talking money. When a government agency gets hacked, its a matter of National Security. Think of the power Edward Snowden had as a government IT guy. People incorrectly believe that government positions are equivalent to civilian positions. A fork lift operating for a commercial company may be hoisting cases of Pepsi onto a truck. A government fork lift operating is loading nuclear weapons into a launch tube.

Also, McFadden was concerned that one of the witness for an applicant was an officer of MSI. You would think, in a legislative elected official, that he would respect the fact that a person making claims against the state has a right to bring in a witness that is germane to the issue.

If I were those "MOMS" I would be embarrassed that he was the one listening to them.

I'd like to know if we can get a Sunshine Law Request (Freedom of Information Equivalent in the Federal Government) to see what data he has been getting. I think if we look further, there is probably more unethical happenings going on.

He is an idiot!

Senator Flav and the others should not have been discussing cases that are not final, and they are not final until the applicant receives their permit. This is why Holman, correctly IMO, kept correcting them and using the word hypothetical during his testimony.

Sen Flav and the not ready for prime time players were trying to use recent cases to take away the "I don't recall that particular case" line of defense from the the nominees. Holman made them look foolish and if I were Sen Flav I would go back to the demanding Mommies and ask for better notes next year.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Senator Flav and the others should not have been discussing cases that are not final, and they are not final until the applicant receives their permit. This is why Holman, correctly IMO, kept correcting them and using the word hypothetical during his testimony.

Sen Flav and the not ready for prime time players were trying to use recent cases to take away the "I don't recall that particular case" line of defense from the the nominees. Holman made them look foolish and if I were Sen Flav I would go back to the demanding Mommies and ask for better notes next year.

Just finished watching. Looks like the President of MSI is not a popular fellow with the good Senator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom