Onerous Gun Bills, Written Testimony Submission, and We Strenuously Object.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Reading over the witness guidelines, it spells out listing the testifiers name. Does that mean listing an address too?

Also, does front cover mean Cover Letter? With testimony being a second sheet of paper? Staples? Paper clips?

Thanks.

I generally include my full address so they can check it against the voter rolls.

Front cover means putting the testimony in a binder or plastic holder.

Don't overthink the process. Just pretend you are writing a letter to the full committee. Include your greeting to the statist, gun grabbing morons, your testimony, and conclude with a polite request to return a favorable/unfavorable report.

Staples, paperclips, or chewing gum all work if you need to go to multiple pages.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    OK, to try to tie this back to the topic -

Our state and Federal adversaries have had at least a half century or more to build the machine they use against us (and to maintain and increase their own power). The most effective legal way to do this is to annoy them to death by loudly and repeatedly show up and testify against their corrosive bill proposals.

Remember, all politics is local.

I agree that much of the political status quo begins at the local level and also agree that pushing for federal intervention is not likely going to happen or be very productive. Remember, the states are granted the right of self-governance.
    However, I also believe that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to see different results is a waste of time, effort, and resources.

What should be taking place is a consorted effort to legally remove those who desire to quash our 2A rights in the upcoming election. Advertisements, public service announcements, friendly, fact-based rallies in our communities and colleges. These types of things can create an environment for positive change with regard to 2A.

Acting like bullies, name calling (ie Libtards, etc) flooding the legislature with paperwork, and creating an adversarial Us versus Them environment is only going to defeat our own cause by making us appear to be uninformed, fanatical, gun-toting fools.

Perhaps we should do similarly what was done in the 60s and 70s....fight calmly with our votes and peaceful rallies radio announcements, flyer and brochure distribution, public classes, etc... Granted, not everything changed, but Tricky Dick did leave office, the war did end, and all Americans did become a little more free instead of just a certain demographically privileged.

Just some food for thought...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I agree that much of the political status quo begins at the local level and also agree that pushing for federal intervention is not likely going to happen or be very productive. Remember, the states are granted the right of self-governance.
    However, I also believe that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to see different results is a waste of time, effort, and resources.

What should be taking place is a consorted effort to legally remove those who desire to quash our 2A rights in the upcoming election. Advertisements, public service announcements, friendly, fact-based rallies in our communities and colleges. These types of things can create an environment for positive change with regard to 2A.

Acting like bullies, name calling (ie Libtards, etc) flooding the legislature with paperwork, and creating an adversarial Us versus Them environment is only going to defeat our own cause by making us appear to be uninformed, fanatical, gun-toting fools.

Perhaps we should do similarly what was done in the 60s and 70s....fight calmly with our votes and peaceful rallies radio announcements, flyer and brochure distribution, public classes, etc... Granted, not everything changed, but Tricky Dick did leave office, the war did end, and all Americans did become a little more free instead of just a certain demographically privileged.

Just some food for thought...

So were uninformed, fanatical, gun-toting fools, and bullies for standing up to a group that runs rough shod over our constitutional rights at every turn???

More food for thought... Nothing in your post makes it sound like you support the 2A cause.

And who, exactly, is the demographically privileged you speak of.

We all want to know.

PS: Now I have to apologize to MDS for doing what I asked others not to do.

montigre

May 16, 2016
    So were uninformed, fanatical, gun-toting fools, and bullies for standing up to a group that runs rough shod over our constitutional rights at every turn???

Actually, I stated that by maintaining an Us versus Them approach to our dealings with regard to 2A issues could make us appear to be....

More food for thought... Nothing in your post makes it sound like you support the 2A cause.

So sorry you cannot see that just because I do not believe your proposed method to promote change would be very effective; especially since such methods have failed miserably over the course of the past decade or so. If someone does not see the issues and possible resolutions exactly as you do then they are a 2A non supporter? That is a pretty narrow viewpoint. You're already whittling away at your foundations by holding such opinions.

At that time the demographically privileged were male WASPs primarily from the Northeast.

We all want to know.

I'm not picking a fight with you, just voicing my opinion that there may be better alternatives to achieve the goals we all wish to see. I grew up as a country girl shooting my grandfather's .22 LR from the time I could hold it.

No, I do not like seeing our rights whittled away with legislation. But if we're going to make any real headway with this, we're going to have to work, as a unified group, to change the legislators that formulate and pass these laws.

We all want to know.

No, he sounds like someone with enough common sense to know that doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result (over 30 years now) is the very definition of insanity. This is why I have urged people here to study the liberal mentality because many here think that liberals are rational thinking people like most of us here....They are not...I have studied them extensively for over 25 years after marrying (and later divorcing) one in the late 80s. I know the liberal mindset like Jane Goodall knows chimps...Thinking you are going to change their mind by any means is a pipe dream and yes, flooding them with letters, regardless of how eloquently worded, will have exactly the opposite effect you are after. In fact, it's more likely that by reminding them there are still "gun nuts" in their district they are likely to think up other ways in which to infringe on 2A rights. You don't know what you're dealing with. You know nothing about their thought process...they aren't like you and other rational human beings..They see people like us as the enemy of their liberal utopia and nothing....NOTHING is going to keep them from achieving their goals....and the cornerstone of those goals is disarming America...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We ( Md 2A community) has been doing the election thing since 1970, aka "doing the same thing over for 47 years " . It actually worked partially back in the '70s .

But by the mid '80s the voting demographics had reached the tipping point, and have been inexorbably going ever increasingly left wing Democrat ever since.

We are outnumbered by the other side, by huge margin. By all means Go Dino ! , and try to upset in a few districts, and shake up the confidence of the Dems generally. But a wholesale change would require aprox 2 million residents to move out of the state .

I'm sorry, but I can't see how surrendering the legislative process, and giving the anti's free reign to screw us limited only by Vinnie's and Bloomie's imaginations would somehow be an improvement for us .

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    MOD, you really needs to clean this up. I'm sure everybody has good intent here, but if you not going to give advice based on the topic/OP, then take the rant elsewhere.

Back to the subject itself, do a search and get examples and apply them...but you want it to be professional, you'll need to add addresses, list attachments, bios, where you got the info, ect, ect.. you can use staples/paperclips but don't get wordy, use KISS (Keep it simple stupid) ..and remember, respect the office that they hold...just my 2 cents worth

montigre

May 16, 2016
    But by the mid '80s the voting demographics had reached the tipping point, and have been inexorbably going ever increasingly left wing Democrat ever since.

We are outnumbered by the other side, by huge margin. By all means Go Dino ! , and try to upset in a few districts, and shake up the confidence of the Dems generally. But a wholesale change would require aprox 2 million residents to move out of the state.

This (going DINO) is probably one of the most influential acts any of us can have. I have done this and some of my friends will also--perhaps a campaign to get more support for DINO on a statewide level might be a better use of the limited resources available to the 2A community.

Sure, write your representatives as the OP suggests, but also take a more direct role by using the established legislative system to make sure our 2A rights are not abolished by voting as a DINO.

Is there a centralized committee getting the word out to pro gun voters about DINO? If not, why not???

Last edited:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    DINO was marginally effective in 2014, if only through helping to expose weaknesses. But there are other threads for that, too.

I think it's really hard to understand the effect DINO had in 2014, because (are you listening, montigre?) the only centralized place within the DINO Movement was right here in MDS. I still firmly believe it had an effect in whittling down the numbers of votes that the MD Dem Machine was able to inflate, and thus send them a nice, pretty gift wrapped message (i.e., some of us are sick of your monkey business). I also believe it's about the only effective antidote to the gerrymandering case study that is Maryland, short of insurrection.

And montigre, it's been "Them and us" for as long as I've lived here. The Political Class of the Gentry cares nothing for us mere voters, and even less for ARMED mere voters. They have proven this over and over through the decades. Our only function is to rubber stamp their reelection until they pass on.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Will well written testimony, with proper spelling and grammar coupled with cogent argument for restoration of our rights bring the hard core antis to the side of Jeebus?

Not a chance in hell, but I will write mine with the hopes of persuading any potential fence sitters, boosting the morale of those legislators who stand with us, and letting that back stabbing crap weasel who is my esteemed Senator know that I am watching his every move on these bills. It is going to take a multi-faceted approach to take our state back, from hitting the existing legicritters every day, finding and supporting better candidates for the next election cycle, and hitting the bricks, both to carry signs in Annapolis and in getting out in your own locale to talk to your neighbors.

Use every tool at your disposal. Your testimony does no good at all on MDShooters. Get it printed and down to Annapolis.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee Members (http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jpr&tab=subject7&ys=2017RS)
    Zirkin, Bobby A. (Chair)
    Kelley, Delores G. (Vice Chair)
    Brochin, James
    Cassilly, Robert
    Hough, Michael J.
    Lee, Susan C.
    Muse, C. Anthony
    Norman, Wayne
    Ramirez, Victor R.
    Ready, Justin
    Smith, William C., Jr.

House Judiciary Committee Members (http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=cmtepage&stab=04&id=jud&tab=subject7&ys=2017RS)
    Vallario, Joseph F., Jr. (Chair)
    Dumais, Kathleen M. (Vice Chair)
    Anderson, Curt
    Atterbeary, Vanessa E.
    Cluster, Joe
    Conaway, Frank M., Jr.
    Glass, Glen
    Kittleman, Trent
    Lewis, Jazz
    Malone, Michael E.
    McComas, Susan K.
    Moon, David
    Morhaim, Dan K.
    Parrott, Neil
    Proctor, Susie
    Queen, Pam
    Rey, Deborah C.
    Sanchez, Carlo
    Sydnor, Charles E., III
    Wilson, Brett

These links were very helpful. Thanks.

Having to reenter all of the sender's private information for each separate e-mail was a tad monotonous, but they've been contacted.

Now to print out reams and reams of testimony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom