• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'm currently looking into my first can for my LWRC AR-15. I've looked at Yankee Hill and Thunderbeast. I noticed that Thunderbeast claims no change in POI. Can anyone here with a Thunderbeast support this claim?

Also, I'm looking at both brands brakes that allow for can attachment. Any recommendations on their brakes?

And finally, I've been told that I should consider getting a .30cal can so that I can swap it between my AR and a couple .308 rifles I also have. Just curious if anyone has any negative experience with this kind of set up. Thanks!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm currently looking into my first can for my LWRC AR-15. I've looked at Yankee Hill and Thunderbeast. I noticed that Thunderbeast claims no change in POI. Can anyone here with a Thunderbeast support this claim?

Also, I'm looking at both brands brakes that allow for can attachment. Any recommendations on their brakes?

And finally, I've been told that I should consider getting a .30cal can so that I can swap it between my AR and a couple .308 rifles I also have. Just curious if anyone has any negative experience with this kind of set up. Thanks!

I have a TBA CB9 and there is not POI shift. I have the brake and the flash suppressor mount, both have zero PIO shift.

I have the .30 can but have yet to shoot my 223 through it, so I have no first round knowledge. My plan was to swap between a bunch of rifles, which is why I went with the .30 cal.

I have a TBA CB9 and there is not POI shift. I have the brake and the flash suppressor mount, both have zero PIO shift.

I have the .30 can but have yet to shoot my 223 through it, so I have no first round knowledge. My plan was to swap between a bunch of rifles, which is why I went with the .30 cal.

Glad to hear it, thanks! After watching some test videos I'm leaning towards the Thunderbeast

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I can.

Fired my .308 out to 1200 yards without suppressor.

Next time out, had the ThunderBeast CB9 can.

Zeroed fine, and data was good enough for hits out over 1000 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom