• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Bought my 15-22 from them. Piece of cake and they shipped the mag to PA for me.

Just an update to this thread. They won't do this anymore:

Thank you for getting back to us. Please note, new policies have been enacted at Grab A Gun in response to ever-changing state and local laws on firearm legality and high capacity regulations. As a Texas-licensed gun dealer, we are unable to verify legality for firearms and ammunition for every state, county and city across the country. In addition, overzealous regulatory litigation in these restricted areas has led Grab A Gun to institute a policy that if a state (or any county/city within a state) has ammunition, "assault weapon," or high capacity magazine restrictions, we will not ship these items to that state under any circumstances (including to FFL dealers and law enforcement officers).

In short, the options you presented are not possible currently. The only options available at this time are the two that were outlined in the previous email, to remove them from the order, or cancel the order and issue a full refund. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    GRAB A GUN WILL SHIP HI CAPACITY MAGS TO MD. I have done this numerous times and then had my FFL mail them to an out of state address for me

pablo1965

Epistemophilic
    Nov 2, 2016
    Baltimore County
    Easy transaction, super cheap. Shipping took a little longer than expected. They have a list of FFL's already on the site to chose from in your area.
    They shipped my high cap mags to the FFL and he blocked them off to 10 for me.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I've probably bought firearms from them a half dozen times. The last one was a few months ago. They know MD mag laws. After Sept 2013, when the firearm that I was purchasing had a detachable magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rds, they've contacted me and asked how to proceed (e.g. cancel the sale). I've always said pull the mag, and ship without it. They seem to be comfortable with this approach and ship promptly. I realize that other folks have approached this problem differently, as noted upthread.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Good to go, but did I notice the other day they raised their flat rate shipping for firearms from $5.99 to 7.99.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    GRAB A GUN WILL SHIP HI CAPACITY MAGS TO MD. I have done this numerous times and then had my FFL mail them to an out of state address for me

Easy transaction, super cheap. Shipping took a little longer than expected. They have a list of FFL's already on the site to chose from in your area.
    They shipped my high cap mags to the FFL and he blocked them off to 10 for me.

Trust me.. they wont anymore. Spent 2 days trying to argue the legalities of it, as well as different options.

Tried:

1) ship to my FFL and my FFL is responsible for the transfer.
    2) ship just gun to my FFL, mags out of state. No dice.
    3) ship gun to a VA FFL and have them transfer to a MD FFL, no dice.
    4) ship just gun to MD, have a separate entity PURCHASE mags and ship to VA, no dice.

I can send you all the emails if you don't believe me. Just trying to warn people here.

Hell, Ill just post the entire string:

Your state has restrictions on firearms with high capacity magazines. Please reply back and confirm how you would like to proceed with this order:

1) We will remove the magazines from the order before shipping.
    2) We will cancel your order and refund in full.

Please note that we do not offer swaps or replacements of magazines - extra magazines desired would need to be ordered separately. Please let us know how you would like to proceed, and let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Additionally, it is your responsibility to ensure legality in your area and confirm your FFL will make the transfer. Any return shipping costs incurred due to local restrictions/FFL policy and any applicable restocking fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

If we have not received a response to this email within 14 days of your order being placed, you order will be cancelled and refunded minus an 15% restocking fee.

Hi guys,

My local FFL will take them (which is legal). They wont transfer them to me.

If that is not possible, I can pay to have them shipped elsewhere.

Thank you

Thank you for getting back to us. Please note, new policies have been enacted at Grab A Gun in response to ever-changing state and local laws on firearm legality and high capacity regulations. As a Texas-licensed gun dealer, we are unable to verify legality for firearms and ammunition for every state, county and city across the country. In addition, overzealous regulatory litigation in these restricted areas has led Grab A Gun to institute a policy that if a state (or any county/city within a state) has ammunition, "assault weapon," or high capacity magazine restrictions, we will not ship these items to that state under any circumstances (including to FFL dealers and law enforcement officers).

In short, the options you presented are not possible currently. The only options available at this time are the two that were outlined in the previous email, to remove them from the order, or cancel the order and issue a full refund. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Thanks for getting back to me to quickly.

Can we ship to a FFL in VA and then I can have them transfer the entire order?

Or can you sell the magazines to a different entity on a separate order to a VA resident?

Hoping maybe that can be a solution, thank you.

Thank you for getting back to us. Unfortunately, these are not viable options currently. We will not ship items that are not state-compliant to another state to circumvent laws. The only options we have at this point are the two that were outlined in the previous email. We can remove the magazines from the order, or we can cancel the order and issue a full refund. I did notice that the order was for the new CZ 75 Tactical Sport, so if you wish to still receive the firearm without the magazines, what I can do is remove the orange base plates from the magazines and leave those in the order. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Hi Greg,

Appreciate the responses and you can see why I'm trying so hard on this (those TSO mags are expensive and hard to come by).

Unfortunately the proposed solutions won't work. Losing those magazines is a huge cost expense. I'm going to have to cancel the order.

I understand the extra caution you guys may have with all the laws and regulations. In the end it's up to my local FFL to legally transfer regulated firearms to me.

Sorry this did not work out and hope you guys can change your policy back to the way it was in the past. Part of the reason why I ordered from you guys was our local forum members have purchased from you guys in the past and never had issues with magazines.

Thank you again for your time and consideration on this purchase.

Your order has been cancelled, as requested. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for your bank to process credit back to your account. Just let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Trust me.. they wont anymore. Spent 2 days trying to argue the legalities of it, as well as different options.

Tried:

1) ship to my FFL and my FFL is responsible for the transfer.
    2) ship just gun to my FFL, mags out of state. No dice.
    3) ship gun to a VA FFL and have them transfer to a MD FFL, no dice.
    4) ship just gun to MD, have a separate entity PURCHASE mags and ship to VA, no dice.

I can send you all the emails if you don't believe me. Just trying to warn people here.

Hell, Ill just post the entire string:

Hi guys,

My local FFL will take them (which is legal). They wont transfer them to me.

If that is not possible, I can pay to have them shipped elsewhere.

Thank you

Thanks for getting back to me to quickly.

Can we ship to a FFL in VA and then I can have them transfer the entire order?

Or can you sell the magazines to a different entity on a separate order to a VA resident?

Hoping maybe that can be a solution, thank you.

Hi Greg,

Appreciate the responses and you can see why I'm trying so hard on this (those TSO mags are expensive and hard to come by).

Unfortunately the proposed solutions won't work. Losing those magazines is a huge cost expense. I'm going to have to cancel the order.

I understand the extra caution you guys may have with all the laws and regulations. In the end it's up to my local FFL to legally transfer regulated firearms to me.

Sorry this did not work out and hope you guys can change your policy back to the way it was in the past. Part of the reason why I ordered from you guys was our local forum members have purchased from you guys in the past and never had issues with magazines.

Thank you again for your time and consideration on this purchase.

Well, that really sucks. Time to find a new retailer. I hate this F'ing state.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I looked and just don't see where there's any benefit to use them...:shrug:

I priced their cost on a Sig P320, a Ruger LCP II, and a HK VP9LE, which are my last 3 purchases...The Sig and Ruger cost more there, than MDS IP JLowes charged, and the HK is close, but still a few dollars more than at JLowes...

Then for your internet handgun, add shipping and the $50-$100 transfer fee... :deal:

Only thing I found that was at least the same price, was my 870 Express 6 round shottie...

I'm spoiled...I guess.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I looked and just don't see where there's any benefit to use them...:shrug:

I priced their cost on a Sig P320, a Ruger LCP II, and a HK VP9LE, which are my last 3 purchases...The Sig and Ruger cost more there, than MDS IP JLowes charged, and the HK is close, but still a few dollars more than at JLowes...

Then for your internet handgun, add shipping and the $50-$100 transfer fee... :deal:

Only thing I found that was at least the same price, was my 870 Express 6 round shottie...

I'm spoiled...I guess.

You are far from spoiled if you are paying $50 - $100 for a transfer.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    You are far from spoiled if you are paying $50 - $100 for a transfer.

That was my whole point... :lol2:

I buy locally from an IP, whose prices consistently beat ANY online prices, so I've never paid, nor will I ever pay, a transfer fee of any amount...Ooops, almost forgot, I did pay a transfer fee once, when I didn't know any better...

So, "I am spoiled", as in I pay what some think is a super-dooper online price, without the super-dooper transfer and shipping charges...

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    not everything is cheaper there... but in my instance, a CZ Tactical Sport Orange was like $1524 + $7.99 ship + $40xfer.

Local IP was $1700 + 6% tax + MSP fee.

I support my local IPs when I can but not when the difference is $240.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Picked up a Colt 1911 there, $200 less than anywhere around here. When you buy guns in the high $300's or lower, the transfer fees can make the good deal kind of a wash to LGS.

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    Just as a FYI to the MDS community I will match ANY pricing from GrabaGun.

*price match will be a total out the door price.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I buy locally from an IP, whose prices consistently beat ANY online prices...

So, "I am spoiled"...

:innocent0

And...there's the "spoiler", LOL... :party29:

An MDShooters Internet Partner, and combat wounded VETERAN... :patriot:

Thank you. :beer:

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland

There you have it.

My group of friends has had mixed luck with grabagun. Some guns were perfect, others had imperfections (nick marks, stock scratches, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if some of their stock is factory blem/seconds.

If you can, always handle the exact gun you want to buy, so you can inspect for any problems. Buying local pretty much solves that. Plus, if you take it home and have a problem, the dealer isn't halfway across the country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom