• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I've got these same exact ones and did not like them compared to my plain ole dumb muffs.

For one thing they did not form a tight enough seal around my ears.

Second, I could not get used to the ambient noise being louder than the gunshots. Maybe because the fight wasn't tight but every time I heard a shot at the range it seemed to catch me off guard.

My first time out to the range, after 5 minutes I switched back to my plain dumb muffs.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I just got a pair but haven't taken them to the range yet.

Yelling at the top of my lungs and tripping the noise gate in them was amusing though.

I will report back after some range time.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'll give it a try based on that description and see how it turns out
    Sorry for the long delay, forgot to post a pic.
    f5d9ea45cbdb39a63c8dfcc69d567d5d.jpg

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    i have a pair but i would not buy another . they have a lousy seal around your ear and dont block much sound. still need to wear ear plugs underneath. only time i use them is for 22lr or something loud for the little bit of extra protection with the foam earplug underneath . if i bought another pair i would find a place to try them on before hand and do more research.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I've got these same exact ones and did not like them compared to my plain ole dumb muffs.

For one thing they did not form a tight enough seal around my ears.

Second, I could not get used to the ambient noise being louder than the gunshots. Maybe because the fight wasn't tight but every time I heard a shot at the range it seemed to catch me off guard.

My first time out to the range, after 5 minutes I switched back to my plain dumb muffs.

i have a pair but i would not buy another . they have a lousy seal around your ear and dont block much sound. still need to wear ear plugs underneath. only time i use them is for 22lr or something loud for the little bit of extra protection with the foam earplug underneath . if i bought another pair i would find a place to try them on before hand and do more research.

:thumbsup:

Cool! put them on the Classifieds for a dollar a pair and I'll buy them! :party29:

:lol:

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Thread bump time.

I got these too and I kept hearing a high frequency ticking/buzzing when the volume was low - I happened to be sitting and standing near my computer when I noticed it, did some searches. I walked away from the computer with them still on and the buzzing stopped, so I sat back at the computer and it started again.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk wireless router and it sits a few feet from my monitor, as I get closer to the router the buzzing gets louder and louder.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    I too have experienced buzzing or static when the volume is low/volume knob turned completely off. I thought maybe my pair was a bit defective but based on the router comment I started thinking, only really remember this happening at the indoor range... Where there is WiFi, bunches of computers and iPads, and probably other types of electrical interference. Mystery solved!

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Used a pair of them for several years, and I used them a lot in local high power matches where the noisy ARs were the dominant rifles...never was an issue though. Lightweight, compact and out of the way during competitions. They are very good at suppressing the loud, unwanted sounds.

Lew--Ranger63

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom