Don't THINK ANNAPOLIS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • He heard exactly what HE wanted to hear, and he told us exactly what HE wanted us to hear.

Never does he provide a solution.

Probably also drives 40 MPH in the left lane too.

Might even play Chess with Brooklyn, 'cause neither one of them can figure out the other, and the rest of us are left here going, "WTF?"

Do I know you? Do you know me? No, you don't..and yet you make these great pronouncements about what I provide and what I don't...So what is your solution cupcake?

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    So what is your solution cupcake?

According to you, my solution is continuing to do things that don't work. That is why I am looking for new ones.

No, I don't know you. I read your posts though, and you seem to be really good at telling some of us that what we are doing is a waste of time. I appreciate that, and have asked you in the past (also in other threads) to suggest a new plan of action. By the sounds of the way you post sometimes, I thought you had some.

I am sincerely open to them. I'm not being sarcastic or argumentative, I really want a course of action that is effective.

As for my previous post, sorry I kind of tried to poke a little fun. Its just that sometimes some guys like you and Brooklyn (not looking to call you out) seem to post in code, and it leaves dumb guys like me scratching our head with the RCA dog look on our face trying to figure it out. I'm not a rocket scientist or college edumacated, I'm just a stupid hick that is tired of people pointing out problems without providing solutions, and that goes for outside of here as well.

If you don't have any, fine, I'll look elsewhere.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Kinda, I think JB semi-confirmed lists that LEOs may come across, therefore I said "so .. there are lists. was only joking.

Mr. H threw the tinfoil card which probably is in play to some degree so ... the tinfoil comment. There may be some tinfoil history between Mr. H and I but was all in good fun.

I'll describe the second part if you wish, related to Kolbe decision thread thoughts. Thanks for making me think! Please tell me if I am crazy, Doc.

Thanks... it was just hard to decipher where you were going in your original post.... I think that I've got you now. It was early for both of us :-)

BTW... I started buying my tin-foil by the case... significant cost savings and it provides enough material to triple wrap my coconut :D

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks... it was just hard to decipher where you were going in your original post.... I think that I've got you now. It was early for both of us :-)

BTW... I started buying my tin-foil by the case... significant cost savings and it provides enough material to triple wrap my coconut :D

:thumbsup:

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    ...and this data is shared with other countries (Canada is another country, right :rolleyes:)

When entering Canada a few years ago I was questioned at length and they demanded I produce the Glocks I was "bringing into their country".

I didn't have them on me, as I had not made prior arrangements.

But the fact they 1) knew I had hand guns, 2) the manufacture of same was quite disturbing.

Of course they did the full Monty, interviewed us and tossed the entire truck and left everything on the ground. 2 hours wasted for something we didn't even have with us.

Even managed to puncture the gallon container of OptiLube XPD :mad54:

Am I the only one that read this disturbing post? :eek:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    According to you, my solution is continuing to do things that don't work. That is why I am looking for new ones.

No, I don't know you. I read your posts though, and you seem to be really good at telling some of us that what we are doing is a waste of time. I appreciate that, and have asked you in the past (also in other threads) to suggest a new plan of action. By the sounds of the way you post sometimes, I thought you had some.

I am sincerely open to them. I'm not being sarcastic or argumentative, I really want a course of action that is effective.

<snip>

There is actually a thread here somewhere that he started (kind of at my request) on alternative ideas. At the time, it didn't gain to much traction.

Yes, he can be abrasive, but he does have a wealth of knowledge on the past after you read past his droning on (Sometimes) :D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ...and this data is shared with other countries (Canada is another country, right :rolleyes:)

When entering Canada a few years ago I was questioned at length and they demanded I produce the Glocks I was "bringing into their country".

I didn't have them on me, as I had not made prior arrangements.

But the fact they 1) knew I had hand guns, 2) the manufacture of same was quite disturbing.

Of course they did the full Monty, interviewed us and tossed the entire truck and left everything on the ground. 2 hours wasted for something we didn't even have with us.

Even managed to puncture the gallon container of OptiLube XPD :mad54:

Am I the only one that read this disturbing post? :eek:

I have heard several identical stories of Americans being detained, browbeaten, and accused at the Canadian border while their cars are torn apart by Canadian border guards who seem to have access to a mysterious database of gun owners.

Last edited:

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have heard several identical stories of Americans being detained, browbeaten, and accused at the Canadian border while there cars are torn apart by Canadian border guards who seem to have access to a mysterious database of gun owners.

I remember reading a story here where a member said the Canadian border patrol tore their car apart, dumped out their luggage, and even opened their sealed cereal boxes and stuck their hands in there or poured out on the ground, all because they had a pro-gun sticker on their car. So I'd believe it.

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I remember reading a story here where a member said the Canadian border patrol tore their car apart, dumped out their luggage, and even opened their sealed cereal boxes and stuck their hands in there or poured out on the ground, all because they had a pro-gun sticker on their car. So I'd believe it.

We were detained at the border and had our vehicle searched thoroughly because we had a pro-gun sticker on our truck. They clearly indicated why they were searching us. Some friends we were traveling with were searched as well because they had a custom tag that implied they were hunters. We had very little in our vehicle for them to go through at the time but my friend had a pickup bed full of camping stuff that was thoroughly searched. Wasted about an hour of our time.

They weren't particularly friendly about it either. I thought the whole thing was funny and said as much to them which I think may have pissed them off a bit :D The kids all seemed to enjoy the experience though and found it funny as well. The one vehicle that wasn't searched in our caravan was driven by a good hippie friend wearing all his hippie regalia. He found it funniest of all! They didn't search our persons though and we weren't carrying any firearms, OF COURSE. Silly Canadians.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am not surprised at all with the information collection system , what bothers me is the Government gets many things wrong and I wonder how many facts they have wrong with the amount and the list of guns any one person has .

Guns change hands (legal & illegal) seems like a list marked for error .

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    I have heard several identical stories of Americans being detained, browbeaten, and accused at the Canadian border while there cars are torn apart by Canadian border guards who seem to have access to a mysterious database of gun owners.

We drove through Canada almost two years ago as part of our yearly cross county drive. Regular SUV, no markings, stickers or special plates. I had applied for my VA carry permit a few weeks before and hadn't received anything yet.

We crossed in upstate NY, and the third or fourth thing out of the agents mouth was "You have a concealed carry permit?" I said no because I hadn't received it yet and honestly wasn't even thinking about it. He got a little on edge and asked if I was sure about that. I said "well, not yet" and mentioned I had applied but not received one, and he seemed to relax. Asked if I was trying to bring my pistol with me into the country, then let us go without any more hassle.

I suppose it's possible it could have just been fishing, but seems awful coincidental.

Guess I was lucky I didn't get a free car inspection as well.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    If the Canadian customs officials have access to some secret list about gun owners, specifically Maryland, I've never encountered it. Been asked the standard questions about whether or not I have weapons in the car but nothing to indicate they know I either own firearms or are in possession of state CCW permits. I am also a dual-citizen so I don't know if that is something that factors in. There are no indications on my car that I am a 2A supporter or a gun owner.

I guess individual mileage may vary. Should I ever get asked about my Sig P320, that is going to be an interesting day as I don't think law enforcement can share that information freely with Federal agencies from various states.

Matt

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member