• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    IV bags hard to find. Rigs to deliver solution to pt still harder to find. Knowledge of how to rig same, IF YOU HAVE BOTH...priceless.

Alt B might be sacrifice drinking bladder and hose and use Pedialyte or Gatorade or Powerade and give pt an enema.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Starter sets can be had on Amazon. The IV bags are hard to find. It is important to note that oral rehydration is better than IV any day of the week. IV's are useful for rapid fluid resuscitation, when there is a significant loss of blood or the dehydratee is unconscious.

An enema is a legit way to replace fluids.

Pedialyte is great. Better than Gatorade/Powerade.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Pedialyte is great. Better than Gatorade/Powerade.

I am not a fan of the sports drinks.

Very high in electrolytes over, sodium in particular, and sugar.

I prefer some of the products for industrial use.

My go to is Sqwincher. I prefer the QuikStiks. These are single serving, one package to a bottle of water. You can get them from Amazon.

A few years ago I worked with the SCCA flaggers at Summit Point. In one year, they dropped 9 workers from heat stress. I offered to do training. After the training, as of the last time I checked, they had not dropped ANYONE.

The interesting thing was, I had been told by an occ doc many years ago that many of the sports drinks have such a high electrolyte load, that the body actually dumps water into the stomach to dilute it, before absorbing it.

When I mentioned this in the class, it turns out 8 of the 9 people who dropped (all were in the class) had drank a Gatorade less then 45 minutes before they dropped.

I got them moved to Sqwincher, and no more problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Sqwincher-Zero-Qwik-Stik-Electrolyte/dp/B011OU3C04

A bunch of flavors. My favorites are the Lemon-Lime and the Cool Citrus.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

My go to is Sqwincher. I prefer the QuikStiks. These are single serving, one package to a bottle of water. You can get them from Amazon.

A few years ago I worked with the SCCA flaggers at Summit Point. In one year, they dropped 9 workers from heat stress. I offered to do training. After the training, as of the last time I checked, they had not dropped ANYONE.

The interesting thing was, I had been told by an occ doc many years ago that many of the sports drinks have such a high electrolyte load, that the body actually dumps water into the stomach to dilute it, before absorbing it.

When I mentioned this in the class, it turns out 8 of the 9 people who dropped (all were in the class) had drank a Gatorade less then 45 minutes before they dropped.

I got them moved to Sqwincher, and no more problems.

That looks good. The sports drinks have a lot of sugar, which can be a problem.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Looking for a long term source of levothyroxine substitute for bride. She had her thyroid removed several years ago and her doc won't go beyond a 90 day prescription (Good ol Tricare)

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have a small med kit packed away just in case. Of course my first course of action is my primary care doctor first , followed by gun forum doctors, followed by Google searches, followed by consulting a witch doctor, then a holistic crystal healer, and lastly by going to Carroll Hospital.

Stocking up on stuff for SHTF though, assumes doctors , hospitals, and first responders are no longer functioning as they did, and I need to treat problems myself. Not looking in the can right now and remembering from memory, I have a couple bottles of different Thomas Labs fish antibiotics, some diarrhea pills, some aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, a couple tubes of super glue, matches, candles, glow sticks, bandages, needles, thread and floss, small listerine, hand sanitizers, gloves, alcohol pads, bacatracin ointment, pain pills, and other stuff I can't think of. Have a few jugs of Pedialyte under the counter. Got plenty of vitamins for the kiddos. Some fiber stuff just in case. Quick clot stuff.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hey Doc. Just wanted to say thanks for being on the front lines of this and still taking the time to post on the forums.

Believe it or not, in a way I’m pretty bored. Most of my day is spent on the phone talking people off the ledge, explaining criteria for testing and explaining why they don’t qualify, explaining I can’t order them the antibody test because it isn’t even available, then listening to them abuse me for not “helping” them and having them tell me they were instructing their kids to sue me when they die alone.

The forum is a great distraction.

Believe it or not, in a way I’m pretty bored. Most of my day is spent on the phone talking people off the ledge, explaining criteria for testing and explaining why they don’t qualify, explaining I can’t order them the antibody test because it isn’t even available, then listening to them abuse me for not “helping” them and having them tell me they were instructing their kids to sue me when they die alone.

Do you have any patients who have "Run over by a pimp" in their medical records?

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County

My go-to electrolyte is Emergen-C Electro Mix. Sugar Free, one packet makes a quart, so it's easy to monitor my intake.
    https://www.amazon.com/Emergen-C-ElectroMix-Packets-30-Box/dp/B07H6HRQX8/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=electro+mix&qid=1586561007&s=industrial&sr=1-1

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY

So you like to trade one sort of abuse for another? :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So you like to trade one sort of abuse for another? :)

It seems that way. A new drinking game could be do a shot every time someone says the word “essential”.

I need to be tested because I’m essential.....

I need to be tested because my spouse is essential...

I don’t have time for a phone visit, I’m essential.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    It seems that way. A new drinking game could be do a shot every time someone says the word “essential”.

I need to be tested because I’m essential.....

I need to be tested because my spouse is essential...

I don’t have time for a phone visit, I’m essential.

Sounds like someone needs some range time. Oh, you can come too. :D

Growing up the son of a very in demand cardiologist, I do have insight into what docs have to put up with. I can only imagine in the world we live in now, it can really suck. I am not talking about the CV. I am talking about the entitlement.
    I have nothing but respect the good docs on this forum. Thank you guys.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What's the shelf life of Hydromorphone(asking for a friend...)?

Likely 10-20 years if stored in a cool dry place.

Sounds like someone needs some range time. Oh, you can come too. :D

Growing up the son of a very in demand cardiologist, I do have insight into what docs have to put up with. I can only imagine in the world we live in now, it can really suck. I am not talking about the CV. I am talking about the entitlement.
    I have nothing but respect the good docs on this forum. Thank you guys.

My life is good and I have no complaints. I love observing the human animal in its’ natural habitat. It’s like watching the Tiger King in an interactive format.

I can’t believe BCGF closed the range. I may be doing some pigeon control with my M11/9 (using the .22 conversion, it cycles subs) in the near future. My wife’s cousin said I could shoot them in his barn. That’s gonna be a hoot.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Likely 10-20 years if stored in a cool dry place.

My life is good and I have no complaints. I love observing the human animal in its’ natural habitat. It’s like watching the Tiger King in an interactive format.

I can’t believe BCGF closed the range. I may be doing some pigeon control with my M11/9 (using the .22 conversion, it cycles subs) in the near future. My wife’s cousin said I could shoot them in his barn. That’s gonna be a hoot.

OK, so now I have actually watch that damn show...

I was sorry to see it close. I was there the day before they shut down the range. Hopefully, all this crap will be over sooner than later.

So, if I stay 6 feet away and bring 22 ammo, can I come with?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    OK, so now I have actually watch that damn show...

I was sorry to see it close. I was there the day before they shut down the range. Hopefully, all this crap will be over sooner than later.

So, if I stay 6 feet away and bring 22 ammo, can I come with?

LOL. I don’t see why not. I’ll let you know. He’s in Churchville, off Glenville Rd. Raises sheep.

I’ll be eating the pigeons....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom