• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Throw the AR in the trash and get an AK. :)
    I keed, i keed!

:) trust me I've heard this 20 times in the last week from all my AK guys. I enjoy the AR platform myself though.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    1. The AR is more reliable than an AK.
    2. If you're willing to make the drive to Hap Baker in Westminster I can meet you out there and help troubleshoot it with you.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    1. The AR is more reliable than an AK.
    2. If you're willing to make the drive to Hap Baker in Westminster I can meet you out there and help troubleshoot it with you.

That's cool with me, if it fails miserably tomorrow I will come.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Do i need to lube the bolt out side of the bolt carrier?

Nope. Assemble all and dip it all the way in over the tail end of the firing pin. Let excess drip off and put it in the gun. If this doesn't solve your problems, then you may have something wrong with your gun. Still probably nothing major though.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Nope. Assemble all and dip it all the way in over the tail end of the firing pin. Let excess drip off and put it in the gun. If this doesn't solve your problems, then you may have something wrong with your gun. Still probably nothing major though.

Thanks. I'm glad to know that I can use synthetic motor oil, like chad says it's always available and it works.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks. I'm glad to know that I can use synthetic motor oil, like chad says it's always available and it works.

Works like a charm for me. But remember to use a little synthetic grease on the bearing surfaces of the bolt carrier per that YouTube video before dipping in oil. Works a treat in my AR.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Works like a charm for me. But remember to use a little synthetic grease on the bearing surfaces of the bolt carrier per that YouTube video before dipping in oil. Works a treat in my AR.

I don't have any grease, is it a absolute must?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I don't have any grease, is it a absolute must?

Its not a must but grease doesn't burn off as readily as oil. That's the highest temperature part so it helps significantly but not necessary.

If you decide to hit Hap just gimme a call/text at 443 605 8846.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Its not a must but grease doesn't burn off as readily as oil. That's the highest temperature part so it helps significantly but not necessary.

If you decide to hit Hap just gimme a call/text at 443 605 8846.

Thanks man.

And thanks to everybody that gave advice and tips. Hopefully it runs tomorrow.

It's not a big deal if I go outside and rack it a few times just to see if it will feed and eject some rounds or I just need to try and shoot it so it can cycle and eject the rounds on it's own.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Here's the rifle btw, I love the way the ARs look and love the feel. I sure hope she gets right.

Attachments

• IMG_20170318_191254.jpg
      IMG_20170318_191254.jpg
      57.2 KB · Views: 217

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I'm going with the 2 year old frog lube as the problem

Did anyone else see MAC's quick video on Instagram of his Browning Hi Power? He lubed it 2 years ago with Frog Lube and released the slide and it literally closed in slow motion.

Hopefully this link works

https://instagram.com/p/BNVs5TehUPO/

The comments are funny. The Frog Lube apologists question how it was used rather than just calling it as they see it. I've read those instructions 10,000 times and still don't understand why you have to touch your toes twice before it can start working.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I'm going with the 2 year old frog lube as the problem

Did anyone else see MAC's quick video on Instagram of his Browning Hi Power? He lubed it 2 years ago with Frog Lube and released the slide and it literally closed in slow motion.

Hopefully this link works

https://instagram.com/p/BNVs5TehUPO/

Holy smokes, I guess the 2 year old frog lube is why my entire bcg moves slow motion and the firing pin barely wanted to move as well. I guess I can just trash the frog lube, sucks because that stuff was being promoted as some of the best when I got some 2 years ago.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Holy smokes, I guess the 2 year old frog lube is why my entire bcg moves slow motion and the firing pin barely wanted to move as well. I guess I can just trash the frog lube, sucks because that stuff was being promoted as some of the best when I got some 2 years ago.

As mentioned before Mobil 1 is the way to go. You can buy a quart of it for what other companies are charging for ounces of their snake oil :thumbsup:

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Hey guys this is one of the rounds that was failure to feed, racked the gun back, gun fired, ejected the brass and then failure to feed. The round is clearly not going into the chamber at the right angle to damage the case like this right?

Attachments

• IMG_20170318_214912.jpg
      IMG_20170318_214912.jpg
      120.9 KB · Views: 195
    • IMG_20170318_214848.jpg
      IMG_20170318_214848.jpg
      133.1 KB · Views: 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members