• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I took out my new Sub 2000 for the first time and I got about 10% FTF. I don't think it was the magazines, because I used four different mags of varying ages that work fine in my Glock 23Gen4. The ammo is Sellier and Bellot 180gr FMJ. Any tweaks out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    what round was it? my first time out ftf 9th round of every 10 round mag magazine. 10 times in a row. once i switched to synthetic oil for lube it ran great. just work it in and it will run good. these things just like a lot of lube. keep running it. really liked alum fed ammo.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    what round was it? my first time out ftf 9th round of every 10 round mag magazine. 10 times in a row. once i switched to synthetic oil for lube it ran great. just work it in and it will run good. these things just like a lot of lube. keep running it. really liked alum fed ammo.

The round varied. I usually keep my guns fairly dry. I'll try a slightly heavier lube coating next time I'm out. Thanks.

What oil do you use?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Try different ammo. Some times they can be fickled. If it's a brand new firearm, like others have said, try a different lube. It's hard to pin it down exactly. How far into the process before you have a problem? Is it striping a new round from the mag and then jamming or is it missing the round in the mag completely?

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    The round varied. I usually keep my guns fairly dry. I'll try a slightly heavier lube coating next time I'm out. Thanks.

What oil do you use?

5w 30 synthetic that i use on my truck. it loves to be nice and lubed. rem oil did not cut it. dont remember exact brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom