• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    OP Note: I was wrong. The page isn't broken, but I'm leaving this up because the responses from the community helped me to find the right page and provided other important information.

So I went to pay for a new handgun on 12/30 and I decided to try out the new electronic 77R, the 77Re instead of doing the paperwork in the store. So after I got back from New Year's with family, I went to http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Pages/CriminalInvestigationBureau/LicensingDivision.aspx. Guess what, the link to create an account and log in doesn't work! Why am I not surprised? I should have done it on paper. Maybe someone will fix it on 1/2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I thought that was just a place holder page and the system was not live yet, wasn't supposed to be active until start of business 01/01/17

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    it's not broken. you don't click at the top you click here

Attachments

• portal.JPG
      portal.JPG
      62.9 KB · Views: 324
    Last edited:

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    It worked without a hitch for me, account set up and application process.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    That's seemed pretty easy, I'm actually suprised. Now we shall see how screwed up it gets once I get to the shop to finish up the application.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    So far the only part that seems to be lacking for me is that I can't enter my own CC info to pay the $10 fee. It has to be done by the dealer. So you need to give the dealer a CC even if you are paying cash.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Interesting. When I went to activate my account, it didn't recognize my password. I had to reset it and then it worked. I definitely entered it correctly because the browser stored it and when I went to change it, I used the stored password, and the site said I couldn't reuse the password. Nonetheless, it's good now.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    it's not broken. you don't click at the top you click here

That's where I clicked. It was about 3am, so maybe the link wasn't pointing to the right location (or maybe I was tired and did something wrong). Anyway, I can see that over 70 people have already signed up with the 77Re. I definitely like this better than the paper form.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I was too early at 3am. I sent an email message to MDSP and 12 hours later, I got the following response:
    "The new Licensing Portal went active at 0600 hrs this morning 1/1/2017. If you are still having issues please let me know so I can provide assistance."

I'm pleased with the quality of the form, but more importantly, I'm pleased with the customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom