• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Regarding the antlered/antlerless thing,
    You can shoot a whole lot of does (or antlerless, which could be a button buck)
    but limits the antlered ... they want hunters to come in from out of state to
    pay $$ to get the big-un - they can have it.
    I want the tasty doe...

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Ok. So I can shoot antlerless anytime. Antlered can only be shot at the specified times. That makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Thanks for the references guys. I've done a fair amount of reading, but getting input from experienced folks like you is very helpful.

Regarding the antlered/antlerless thing, I'm a bit confused because the DNR hunting calendar has separate entries for each. Could you please clarify?

Thanks.

Since there are several factors that will dictate a given bag limit, it is impossible to comment on which one will govern a generic hunt. If you would like to tell me the season, location, public or private, and date you wish to hunt, I would gladly show you how to use the DNR reference to quickly ascertain the constraints for a hunt and what can be harvested. I am not trying to be difficult, that is just how the state of MD and DNR like to make it. :D

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Ok. So I can shoot antlerless anytime. Antlered can only be shot at the specified times. That makes sense.

During gun season, In region A you can only take 1 antlered and 1 antlerless ... in region B you can take 1 antlered or 10 antlerless. In either region in order to take a second Antlered, assuming you have the bonus stamp, you must first harvest 2 antlerless deer in Region B.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    You ain't kidding, they shouldn't be in the 'charity' business.
    If you've never shot a deer before, look at YouTube to see how to properly gut
    (field dress) a deer. Ain't hard, just a little messy.
    Not gonna find private property this late in the year, start looking towards next year.
    My buddy always gets at least one deer on public lands each year.
    Good luck, and good on ya!

:thumbsup:problem with charity is it makes people lazy...why go through all the "trouble" when the gov gives it to you free:sad20::sad20:

like the old saying goes...

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hats off to the OP for going out of his way to help put warm food in other peoples bellies.

It's a lot of work to just give it away.

Good job.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek

Maryland is split into regions, region A and region B. I do not hunt region A but in region B, Does are unlimited and you are allowed one buck during the firearm season. Additionally you have the option to buy a bonus buck tag that will allow you to take an additional buck BUT you have to harvest 2 does before you can utilize that bonus tag. This bonus tag is recipricol to any season but you only get one. make sence?

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Wilcam47, I agree with you, particularly when government is giving out the forced charity. When a person with a name and face is the provider of the charity, some people appreciate that personalized charity and use it as a springboard to recover. I'm willing to risk contributing furthering the abuse of charity to give it to the few folks that truly need and appreciate it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wilcam47, I agree with you, particularly when government is giving out the forced charity. When a person with a name and face is the provider of the charity, some people appreciate that personalized charity and use it as a springboard to recover. I'm willing to risk contributing furthering the abuse of charity to give it to the few folks that truly need and appreciate it.

I still give to charity...cuz its only human nature to give, does it help--sure, are there scams--sure...but states do cut people breaks though...like here in Idaho disabled and economically disadvantaged its only $5 for hunting and fishing combo...from the Idaho fish and game site...

"License buyer must present to vendor a letter from SSI, SSDI, or Railroad Retirement board showing person is currently disabled and economically disadvantaged or a signed and completed Certification of Permanent Disability"

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Some people are economically disadvantaged but live partly off the land, so the requirements ID has are stupid. In ID you can technically live off the land in the wilderness, and have very little income ( trapping income for instance). Someone like that should also be eligible, not just the disabled. I know Alaska resident hunting lisc's are cheap compared to nonresidents (and allows a good # of game to be taken without any guide requirements), and don't they allow subsistence hunting to non natives in some cases?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom