Classic just got a batch of Mosin 91/30's for $99!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

Attachments

• Classic 91 30 99.jpg
      Classic 91 30 99.jpg
      66.1 KB · Views: 2,364

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Endsjustifymeans posted this deal on the "In Stock Now" thread earlier this afternoon and I grabbed one. This is the most interesting part from Classic's website:

These rifles are a mixture of early arsenal refinishes( about 90% ), and some ( about 10 % ) original Non Refinished, turn in condition guns.
    We are not guarenteeing it, but all that I have seen have Stamped Matching # Bolts and Receivers and many ( I would say 80 to 85 % ) are all matching

It would be interesting if any of us get an original M91 or something.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Endsjustifymeans posted this deal on the "In Stock Now" thread earlier this afternoon and I grabbed one. This is the most interesting part from Classic's website:

Do you mean 91/30? If there were M91's they would definitely be selling them separately.

kazan182

Aug 3, 2011

Dang, this is the second time I have posted something that was already posted. I literally just got the email minutes before posting it. I didn't think anyone would have gotten the chance. Thanks

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Do you mean 91/30? If there were M91's they would definitely be selling them separately.

I was thinking M91s that were turned in to be re-arsenal'd and updated to 91/30 specs but didn't actually get done. Hey, I can dream.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I was thinking M91s that were turned in to be re-arsenal'd and updated to 91/30 specs but didn't actually get done. Hey, I can dream.

That is possible, but it's far more likely that they mean 91/30's that were just returning when most other rifles were being refurbished, and were simply passed over. It could also be that they were in good enough shape that they didn't need refurbishment at all. I don't see why the Russians would waste time refurbishing a clean rifle.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I wonder how the unrefurbished ones look. I've always wanted an original one.

M91's were not updated unless the barrel was trashed and needed replacing.

I do believe the M91 is not on the approved list of guns to be imported from Russia oddly enough. I see the M38, M44, and M91/30, but no M91.

http://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_005371.asp

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I'll be interested to see if any truly original 91/30's come out of this batch or if they are just old refurbs that saw some use so they look non-refurbished.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Yea would you guys stop trying to get to Classic so I can get there?

I wonder if they're actually down because of heavy traffic or if this is just scheduled maintenance or something. This isn't that great of a deal. Lower the price another 10-15 dollars or have free shipping and I could see traffic shutting the site down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom