• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    " I have a question for you, where the heck are you hunting in Maryland that you run into 250+ pound bucks? "

Thats one question that's likely not going to be answered, but Ill give a hint to a few places,:innocent0 Draw bridge and Decoursey for sure. Aries Rd. and the cripples along the Nanticoke. Not very often, but they show up from time to time.
    Thats why Im going to get a 50 BMG. I can use Rt 50 to get to where I can use it. Itll be 50/50 until the deeds done all the way though.:)

Here's mine! Six point 8.5 year old.

Were'd I shoot him? In the neck.

Attachments

• IMG_20171214_184244.jpg
      IMG_20171214_184244.jpg
      43.8 KB · Views: 157

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Let's add the myth of .50cal against human targets in here. I thought it was in the Geneva convention, but deer never signed it. So, game on.

Sarcasm.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Silver lining. This thread has gotten a lot of lurkers to start posting. Maybe it can get more people to Annapolis too. Plus, we cracked 10 pages. Mission accomplished.

Remember that the posts per page were changed. So, this thread is not "Ozark Trail tumbler" quality yet.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    And as I have said before, there is nothing illegal about it. It isn't the wisest choice of weapon for hunting deer, but it will get the job done. Heavy as heck to lug around in the woods. Ammo is really costly. It will do a ton of damage to the deer, and the list goes on. However, it sure as heck will kill the deer humanely. This is as bad as the discussions about whether .223 Rem is ethical for hunting deer. Again, not my cartridge of choice, but not illegal either and plenty of people swear by the cartridge. Some even swear by .22lr for whitetails, but that is illegal here in Maryland. This really comes down to personal preference and the freedom of choice. Maybe the guy using the 50 BMG thinks you are under gunned for deer.

I have a question for you, where the heck are you hunting in Maryland that you run into 250+ pound bucks?

You know what, I am just going to throw it out there, AR-15s are shite and AKs are where it’s at. Prove me wrong! :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    View attachment 220491 Same thing, for the record "the neck was not where I was aiming" but the recurve was just as handy except it was 50lbs not BMG.

Neither was I, but I'll take luck any day. He folded up like a poker table. No tracking necessary. Mine was a .44 mag 56yd shot. I was aiming for his front shoulder. I pulled the shot a little. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Well, here you go

Fun fact, that famous sketch was re-done several years after the original sighting/sketch, and the witness recalled the original sketch artist, not the Unabomber

Attachments

• E09ADE5E-4EBF-4C40-AADC-9022026424E8.jpeg
      E09ADE5E-4EBF-4C40-AADC-9022026424E8.jpeg
      11.8 KB · Views: 112

JLuck66

Jun 16, 2013
    So. Md.
    No frickin way. Is there anyone here that truly believed that a missed shot sucked the eyeballs out of that deer. Please no air pressure vacuum concussion science. This was a .50 caliber bullet, not a howitzer. Could I really be wrong?

JLuck66

Jun 16, 2013
    So. Md.
    I only had made two posts myself prior to this one and have been a member for several years. I hope I am not being referred to as a troll or lurker. I love my guns and support those that do as well. I just do not have a lot to say very often.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No frickin way. Is there anyone here that truly believed that a missed shot sucked the eyeballs out of that deer. Please no air pressure vacuum concussion science. This was a .50 caliber bullet, not a howitzer. Could I really be wrong?

Hey... if it's on the interweb, it must be true... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom