• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Sorry, been jammed. Pic below. Threaded 22 LR barrel in the rifle and 17 HMR barrel on the side. I'm still waiting for a 22 WMR barrel to arrive from CZ.

Rob, sorry to hear about your travails. I'm sure they'll come through. I got my scope (Weaver Grand Slam 4-16x42) but haven't made up my mind on whether I go specialty rings (like Talley) or build off the DIP rail. I did order Hornady 17 HMR ammo that arrived last week.
    a50fabeec4956c523a855faab0c44fad.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

She’s a beauty!! it’s strange typically I’ve always steered clear of any wood stock rifles but not with this 455
    I’m already overthinking if the scope I got is just too big in size/weight, waiting to do a test fit to make a final judgement on that..
    Got a shipment confirmation couple hours ago so hoping to take delivery of all 3 of my new CZ’s by this time next week

I plan on trying out some hornady 20gr HMR 17 too, some say it does not shoot all that well out of their 455’s (with standard 20.5” barrels) but I’ll give it a whack to see how a 17” barrel fairs with it

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Not at all happy with Kentucky GunCo’s customer service at this point, giving them one more opportunity to salvage themselves

-Ordered rifle Black Friday weekend
    -Hear nothing for few days. Call to verify payment is successful and when it will ship.. Told me they have received payment and it will go out shortly next day or two
    -Few days go by I get an email stating my LGS FFL expired.
    -Quickly call and speak to a rep who looks into it further and says it’s actually a mistake, the FFL is good to go and he apologizes and will personally take care of it asap and it will be shipped out promptly.
    -Fast forward to today I hear nothing since, call to speak to a rep and was told the reason is because my LGS’s FFL expired, I explain once again that is not correct and the previous rep several days ago said he would personally take care of it. Rep pulls up info and apologizes, says you are correct so sorry for this mix up the FFL is good to go thru Jan of 2019 and he will grab my rifle asap and have it packaged and shipped out first thing tomorrow.

Now at day 11 unshipped as I have other guns sitting and waiting at my FFL since last week and this is the only hold up :\
    Rifles ship ground so add another week at this point..

Hopefully I’ll have a picture up by 2018..
    Hawke 4-12x50 scope was ordered, Gemtech suppressor ordered, next up grabbing the DIP picatinny rail and some good aluminum rings along with some hornady .17 HMR ammo.. yet to find any deals on extra mags to date so I’ll wait (CZ had a sale but virtually nothing in stock). May also grab the Yodave trigger kit since Timeny doesn’t make a flat trigger yet per their email

Huge bummer. I’m sure the rifle will be worth the hassle

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Sorry, been jammed. Pic below. Threaded 22 LR barrel in the rifle and 17 HMR barrel on the side. I'm still waiting for a 22 WMR barrel to arrive from CZ.

Rob, sorry to hear about your travails. I'm sure they'll come through. I got my scope (Weaver Grand Slam 4-16x42) but haven't made up my mind on whether I go specialty rings (like Talley) or build off the DIP rail. I did order Hornady 17 HMR ammo that arrived last week.
    a50fabeec4956c523a855faab0c44fad.jpg

Holy crap that is a work of art! I am super jelly!!!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Can’t wait to get this rig up and running
    Nice tiger striping in the stock.

I was traveling and left this and other rifles with Bob at Gunrunners, and was able to pick this up last night ...

6ff1cb5e3982c80f34569c0171d7b677.jpg

276a084adb131e7684b15734b56ae988.jpg

Don't think I'll be able to hit the range until Christmas break though. Going to have a 22LR shootout between the CZ-455 and a Ruger American Rimfire with a wood stock.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here's the Ruger American in 22LR that CDNN was clearing out over Black Friday weekend. Bob also set this one up for me ...
    dbac19e1f6e956db030b74c48ed8aa4f.jpg
    dacaa9cfc776e8dc588cb36d15325a49.jpg

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
      download (1).jpg
      14.4 KB · Views: 223
    Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Nice tiger striping in the stock.

I was traveling and left this and other rifles with Bob at Gunrunners, and was able to pick this up last night ...

6ff1cb5e3982c80f34569c0171d7b677.jpg

276a084adb131e7684b15734b56ae988.jpg

Don't think I'll be able to hit the range until Christmas break though. Going to have a 22LR shootout between the CZ-455 and a Ruger American Rimfire with a wood stock.

I did appreciate the tiger stripping on the stock!

I may have to do a toe to toe wood rocking rimfire rifle battle in the next week or so.
    Unfortunately I tore my MCL last week and have no plans to go outside and play for atleast another week

Attachments

• 07CD3044-22B5-4889-BD52-DBF3809F1D61.jpg
      07CD3044-22B5-4889-BD52-DBF3809F1D61.jpg
      59.8 KB · Views: 225

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Black Friday purchase. Received today

Sweet. Looks like the nickel receiver.

Those were nice guns for the money.

Agree. The Browning firearms at CDNN are still at a very good price, as Browning started a $75 rebate program until year's end after the Black Friday $100 rebate offer expired.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Yes, the BL 22 with the nickel receiver. The distance the lever travels when you work the action when compared to my Henrys is quite obvious and I like it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Yes, the BL 22 with the nickel receiver. The distance the lever travels when you work the action when compared to my Henrys is quite obvious and I like it.

Henry is nice but browning is a much better quality gun. Real metal receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom