• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Given that the 92A1 is less than half of the cost of the Wilson, does it make sense in getting the Wilson?

If I get the 92A1, I priced out some upgrade parts from Wilson and it came out to $201.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Wilson has a pretty good reputation for building quality firearms. Your resale value of the Wilson with papers will certainly be more than a self modified Beretta 92. If you plan to use it for competition I'd lean towards the Wilson.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I am not a Beretta guy at all for self defense pistols. Here is what I do sometimes when faced with a conundrum like this.
    First ask yourself "Which one would you take if given it for free?" There must be a reason you would take that 1 for free, so why wouldn't that choice be worth you dropping the coin buying it?

I'd get the Wilson.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've nothing against the Beretta...it has a good reputation but I think it's a pretty big pistol for only a 9mm hole in the barrel. I also have never liked pistols with a slide mounted safety. Full disclosure...I own a 92FS...only because I bought it dirt cheap in an auction.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Given that the 92A1 is less than half of the cost of the Wilson, does it make sense in getting the Wilson?

If I get the 92A1, I priced out some upgrade parts from Wilson and it came out to $201.

Great for target practice and home defense not a carry gun. You really have to get used to the decocking lever.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've nothing against the Beretta...it has a good reputation but I think it's a pretty big pistol for only a 9mm hole in the barrel. I also have never liked pistols with a slide mounted safety. Full disclosure...I own a 92FS...only because I bought it dirt cheap in an auction.

Slide mounted controls for anything make for theeee worst self defense pistols.
    i cringe when I see someone needing to use their support hand thumb/fingers to reach up and operate a decock or safety movement.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    I️ recently got into IDPA using my 92FS. I️ like the gun but have come to despise the safety/decocker. If the slide doesn’t lock back when you finish a mag (from riding the slide release—guilty here), it’s waaaay too easy to knock the safety back to “safe” when racking the slide. So, I’m not sure how reliable the gun is, in that regard.

To answer your question, if you can afford the Wilson, but it. Trying to build a “lesser” machine into the better version often leaves you wanting the better version.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    If I get the 92A1, I already have $200 worth of Wilson parts in my cart. It will definitely not be stock during its first week. Still thinking about It.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    I'm not sure how much, if any, Wilson themselves work on those Berettas. I think it is more that they speced them out and Beretta builds then and stamps Wilson on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom