• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    That was also my experience. Shooting factory 41 Magnum JSP back in the day wasn't a good choice for someone trying to compete in IHMSA matches so I was forced to reload by necessity. Got me a Lyman turret press, a set of RCBS carbide dies and had a friend come over and show me how to do it. Simple and, at the same time, extremely satisfying. If I still had the available time, I would jump right back into it again.

.41 Remington Magnum is a great example (one of many) of an outstanding cartridge that most would probably never even consider, save having either tycoon deep pockets, or a reloading press. Unlike wildly popular 9mm Luger as an example, for which the strict cost savings spread is tight enough to make one question even the utility of loading for it, .41 Mag will very quickly remove any such doubt. And that cartridge in a 57 or a 58 or a Blackhawk is just a treat. OP will find that he'll have possibilities open to him that he likely hasn't even thought of....yet.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    .41 Remington Magnum is a great example (one of many) of an outstanding cartridge that most would probably never even consider, save having either tycoon deep pockets, or a reloading press. Unlike wildly popular 9mm Luger as an example, for which the strict cost savings spread is tight enough to make one question even the utility of loading for it, .41 Mag will very quickly remove any such doubt. And that cartridge in a 57 or a 58 or a Blackhawk is just a treat. OP will find that he'll have possibilities open to him that he likely hasn't even thought of....yet.

8 3/8" Model 57 with Pachmayr target grips. It could shoot sub 2" groups at 25 yards with the right load but what made it remarkable was how it still had enough juice at 200 yards to take down those steel ram targets and how flat it shot at that distance compared to .44 Magnum.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    8 3/8" Model 57 with Pachmayr target grips. It could shoot sub 2" groups at 25 yards with the right load but what made it remarkable was how it still had enough juice at 200 yards to take down those steel ram targets and how flat it shot at that distance compared to .44 Magnum.

Yes sir!

Definitely a couple of that lesser known cartridge's claims to fame.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Please do. She was accustomed to frequent range dates, and copious amounts of powder and projectiles.

**Save those 580gr Steel-tips, they weren't easy to come by. ;)

I saw something flaming go across the sky one night, while I was at work. I was thinking it might have been that master lock, you sent into low earth orbit with thumper...

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I saw something flaming go across the sky one night, while I was at work. I was thinking it might have been that master lock, you sent into low earth orbit with thumper...

That poor thing had no idea what it was in for.

*Same could be said for your hearing. :innocent0

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Maybe the next Thumper can even out the damage, just be on the right side of the table this time... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom