• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    SAF FILES CHALLENGE TO CALIFORNIA ‘ASSAULT WEAPONS’ REGULATIONS

Could this suit potentially stave off further 'Californication' during 2018's session here, especially if they push things through as an administrative change managed by MSP ?

I think Maryland will walk to the edge next year. I don't know if they want to dangle their collective toes over the edge, but I wouldn't bet they won't try.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Your 2A rights are long gone...given to the state when SCOTUS refused to hear the challenge...You and every other gun owner in the state are now at the mercy of the liberals in Annapolis...and there is NOTHING any of you can do about it...We lost...and the slippery slope has turned into a bottomless pit..they can do anything they want now...Next step, banning all removable magazine fed semi auto's...whether they grandfather has yet to be decided...My guess will be turn em in or go to jail...And trying to convince the police that you lost them all in a "boating accident" will result in jail or loss of your right to posses...or both..

Go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I plan on earning my patriot picket badge this year. Even if I can only make it to 1 or 2 events.

This year will be crucial boys and girls.

I see every event and callout being crucial this year. Every picket and every picketer is important, if for no other reason than to egg the other side on in their journey to self destruction.

I think that this may be the year that the opposition finally makes an unrecoverable mistake, hugely overreaches and gets their peepee whacked. They always look around at all the "almost unconstitutional" anti-2A laws and tell their gun grabbing buddies "Hold my beer and watch this...". They're already encouraged by the Supremes' non-decision. Add to that Bloomberg's vow to DUMP money into this election and you have a nearly perfect anti-gun storm for us to exploit.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    We're Maryland gun owners on MDShooters... Panic, apoplectic predictions, and BGOS are par for the course.

Yep. Sort makes me feel like what I imagine Native Americans felt (when they were still Indians) starting centuries ago. Feared, considered dangerous, annoying, expendable, and hated for wanting to keep what they had.

Gun owners in places like Maryland, just like the Indians, keep losing what they have, little by little, and never regaining what was lost. Someday it will all be lost. Resistance is futile: it may slow things down, but it is ultimately futile.

Yes, I'm a pessimist: expect the worst, be happy if it doesn't happen.

Since we exterminated most of them, stole most of their lands, raped their women and kidnapped their children for re-education...I think the comparison isn’t remotely the same. I am outraged at the bull feces coming out of MD leg, but a tiny bit of perspective on it.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The removal of the HPRB is a kick in the nuts. Something tells me the libs don't like the fact that they are turning over so many ridiculous denials.

On the bump stock thing, it is an infringement. I'll do what I can contacting representatives. But if the language is closely tailored and that is all that gets banned, I'll still have a big sigh of relief that they didn't try to push through a REAL expanded AWB like that ridiculous crap Feinstein is trying to push now.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Watch for an AR10's & all 7.62 x39's semi autos BAN be added to the Bump Stock Legislation...

The Supreme Court's Decision NOT to interfere with MD2013 will embolden the Democratic Leadership to go much further this time...

Probably not. Unless they are copying legislation from someone else, I just don't know that the liberal state legislators and maybe not their staff, know enough about guns to think to ban those. I think what we will see is either the crazy BS Feinstein proposed, or we won't really see an expansion of the AWB, except banning bump stocks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Probably not. Unless they are copying legislation from someone else, I just don't know that the liberal state legislators and maybe not their staff, know enough about guns to think to ban those. I think what we will see is either the crazy BS Feinstein proposed, or we won't really see an expansion of the AWB, except banning bump stocks.

You are talking about Maryland, right? Do you think the MGA would only go after the bump fire stocks? They're going to go for everything, and hope that something sticks. If they copy legislation, you don't have to look any further than California.

Did you know that starting Jan 1, in California, they will no longer be able to order ammo through out of state mail order companies and have it sent to their house? They will have to have it sent to an FFL and then do a background check for their ammo.

The famous bullet button is another thing they could adopt from California. There are far too many options they have, to think they'd only be interested in a bump fire stock.

Just one man's opinion.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You are talking about Maryland, right? Do you think the MGA would only go after the bump fire stocks? They're going to go for everything, and hope that something sticks. If they copy legislation, you don't have to look any further than California.

Did you know that starting Jan 1, in California, they will no longer be able to order ammo through out of state mail order companies and have it sent to their house? They will have to have it sent to an FFL and then do a background check for their ammo.

The famous bullet button is another thing they could adopt from California. There are far too many options they have, to think they'd only be interested in a bump fire stock.

Just one man's opinion.

I can always dream they won’t.

Also is it a sad testemant that will feel relieved if they only take away a little of our rights? Like, “I am glad he only smacked me this time when he usually punches me”

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I can always dream they won’t.

Also is it a sad testemant that will feel relieved if they only take away a little of our rights? Like, “I am glad he only smacked me this time when he usually punches me”

Maryland 2a politics, the place where nothing is something and losing some of your rights is a giant win!!! Yay Maryland

Sarcasm of coarse

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    And also think of the possible emboldening of every other communist state that loves gun control. The legislatures in all blue states could see this as a green light to go full retard regarding black guns.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I hate it when threads like this turn into focus groups for how the legislature could bend us over most effectively. I think we all know that we would be in a much worse position today if the legislature wasn't so ignorant on guns.

No need to help them fix that....
    ^^^^
    This

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We ALL learned a lesson in 2013. Like turning out in sheer numbers won't stop a committed group of ideologues from robbing us of our rights. Protecting 2A in the PRofMD is a full time, life long career. We can't afford to wait until gun week to make our position known and go on the offensive. The more we can be in their face and in the public's eye, the less time they have to work against us.

Getting in their face on social media is a very effective way to get our message out. And if you're blocked by them it's an even bigger message to spread.

BE WOKE!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Of course they're copying from somewhere else - they're not bright enough to write this stuff on their own. The Bloomberg machine supplies the legal boilerplate copy and assistance in tailoring. And don't forget the media promotional $$$ and mercenary footsoldiers by the busload. If you don't recognize this you haven't been paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom