Classic just got a batch of Mosin 91/30's for $99!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Shoot, JG Sales had those for $79 SHIPPED with all the fixin's and a box of ammo just 5 years ago. Then *Poof* they all disappeared.

I got 4 of them and I'm glad I did. Fun rifle to shoot and load for. Also was able to grab a M95M.

I got in the hobby in 2012, so at least I hit the tail end of a few good deals.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I got 4 of them and I'm glad I did. Fun rifle to shoot and load for. Also was able to grab a M95M.

I got in the hobby in 2012, so at least I hit the tail end of a few good deals.

That was me with the 1917 Spanish Mausers (7.62 conversion) from SAMCO about 6mo before they went belly-up. They were cheap as could be for the longest time so I said "screw it" and ponied up for 4 of them with the idea that I'd keep the best of the 4 for myself and horse-trade the others to benefit my collection. When the prices started rising post-SAMCO, I ditched the other three either as deal-sweeteners in other acquisitions or traded outright.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    That was me with the 1917 Spanish Mausers (7.62 conversion) from SAMCO about 6mo before they went belly-up. They were cheap as could be for the longest time so I said "screw it" and ponied up for 4 of them with the idea that I'd keep the best of the 4 for myself and horse-trade the others to benefit my collection. When the prices started rising post-SAMCO, I ditched the other three either as deal-sweeteners in other acquisitions or traded outright.
    I grabbed one of those and it is a bit of a nightmare. Recently I got a very nice one off gunboards trader for like $180 shipped. Ended up having to do a pretty extensive stock repair (arsenal repair broke during shipping and i didnt feel like trying to return it to the guy) but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I grabbed one of those and it is a bit of a nightmare. Recently I got a very nice one off gunboards trader for like $180 shipped. Ended up having to do a pretty extensive stock repair (arsenal repair broke during shipping and i didnt feel like trying to return it to the guy) but otherwise I'm happy with it.

Yeah, of the 4 I got, two were very serviceable. The other two were "ehhh..." One had a loose front-sight hood that needed to be re-pinned. The other had a bent front-sight "ear" or "wing" that screwed up the sight picture. Both are easily repaired, but given that I got the pick of the litter, I saved the best for myself. Otherwise, they were in pretty good shape. It was only after the fire-sale that the really bad specimens started showing up regularly.

I do and sure wish I would have bought three or four crates of Swiss K31s and an equal number of those No. 4 Enfields "new in the wrap".

I wish I had bought a crate of 1895 Nagants just 6 years ago. Those have more than tripled in price in the past 4-5 years.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Yeah, of the 4 I got, two were very serviceable. The other two were "ehhh..." One had a loose front-sight hood that needed to be re-pinned. The other had a bent front-sight "ear" or "wing" that screwed up the sight picture. Both are easily repaired, but given that I got the pick of the litter, I saved the best for myself. Otherwise, they were in pretty good shape. It was only after the fire-sale that the really bad specimens started showing up regularly.

I wish I had bought a crate of 1895 Nagants just 6 years ago. Those have more than tripled in price in the past 4-5 years.

The bolt I got with my SAMCO one looks like someone peened the lugs to correct excess headspace, no joke. I only shoot cast loads with it and check headspace each time. I tried for months to get ahold of SAMCO to return it. They kept claiming they sent me a return address label, but I never got it. I finally gave up.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The bolt I got with my SAMCO one looks like someone peened the lugs to correct excess headspace, no joke. I only shoot cast loads with it and check headspace each time. I tried for months to get ahold of SAMCO to return it. They kept claiming they sent me a return address label, but I never got it. I finally gave up.

Their customer service was literally the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom