The Total Number of Bump Fire Stocks Turned Into Massachusetts Police Revealed!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

“Essex Police Chief Peter Silva held up a bump stock that someone turned in this week as the Massachusetts ban on the devices went into effect,” bostoncbslocal.com reports. “‘To my knowledge, this is the only one that’s been turned in to date.'” This despite the fact simple possession of a bump fire stock in the Bay State can land an offender in jail for . . .

life. Yes, the rest of their life.

LINK

shooter56

Aug 28, 2015
    Wow, this appears to me to be a direct violation of the 5th Amendments due process clause and just compensation clause. Unbelievable!

hornbakerfella

Oct 6, 2016
    God's Country
    Just ask the thousand of Connecticut LE who declined to register ARs as demanded by the Femicrats there.

I musta missed that, good for them

Last edited:

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    The news article had a few gems:

... even though the state legislature doesn’t offer bump fire stock owners financial compensation for making their legally purchased, previous legal piece of plastic illegal?

Not that everyone's going to rush to turn them in even if they did offer financial compensation, but seizing them while offering nothing in return is outright theft.

Stop Handgun Violence activist John Rosenthal says that should not be an excuse to hold on to an illegal device. "These are devices that are designed to kill a lot of people quickly"

No... these are devices designed to make bump-firing easier. No one said anything about killing anyone. That's like saying sharp knives are designed to kill a lot of people quickly, and therefore all knives should be dull.

In the state where the American revolution began, where colonists resisted their British overlords’ effort to confiscate previously legally held gun powder, deadly irony awaits.

Yup... and drop the mic.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Out of an estimated "hundreds of thousands" to perhaps one million assault rifles" in NY, only about 24000 have been registered with the State Police.

Lotta iron at the bottom of Lake Ontario, I suppose.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I live for the day I can violate some unconstitutional infringement "law" by not doing anything. It would make me feel like a real freedom-loving American, with liberty and justice for all.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I live for the day I can violate some unconstitutional infringement "law" by not doing anything. It would make me feel like a real freedom-loving American, with liberty and justice for all.

It's not too late to buy a bump stock. Wait until October, and you could be infringed. Certainly the GA would like to make it so.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It's not too late to buy a bump stock. Wait until October, and you could be infringed. Certainly the GA would like to make it so.

I may or may not currently own certain objects that are scary to gun control freaks. That's for me to know and for them to find out.:innocent0

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    I read about the whole situation last night. I predict that MA will be sued for just compensation under the 5th amendment, and loose in court and have to pay. It's such a clear violation. Sadly, nowadays you need to sue to keep govt. From overstepping their authority and trampling over your constatutional rights.

I think the majority of states eventually adopting bump stock bans is highly likely. People will argue there's no reason for them that's not nefarious. I have strong feelings as to why they could be necessary, but that's another topic.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's fvcking awesome.

Makes me wonder if MD's citizens can top that, if the General Asylum passes a ban bill.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sorry officer, whats a bump stock, all I see are stocks in my parts bins. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom