I think this new AR stock might be popular for SBRs in MD.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Can't find a video of it (it just debuted at SHOT), but you get the jist of how it works in the photos below. It's called the Optimus Stock.

12534361_660308720738617_371238544_n.jpg

12479441_1700642970182899_1946013660_n.jpg

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    I don't see how they can be legal in Maryland. I've been reunited with my Wilkinson Linda Pistol after 12 years of living in Maryland. I retired to WV and got it back from my daughter in PA. Looks about the same but more lethal. The Linda is 9 mm.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Why wouldn't it be?

Sorry right thread. I understand it's a short barreled rifle but the Linda pistol can hardly be handled as a pistol. It's got a 30 round magazine I never saw the logic of Maryland banning it by name. Maybe I'm seeking logic where there is none.
    Or is the part that I don't understand is the SBR an NFA firearm?
    Heck I can hold a military M4 with one hand better than that brick Linda.
    Sorry for my ignorance.

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Sorry right thread. I understand it's a short barreled rifle but the Linda pistol can hardly be handled as a pistol. It's got a 30 round magazine I never saw the logic of Maryland banning it by name. Maybe I'm seeking logic where there is none.
    Heck I can hold a military M4 with one hand better than that brick Linda.
    Sorry for my ignorance.

You know we are talking about the buttstock right? Not the whole gun.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I think you're being too logical. ;)

And, FWIW, AR pistols are totally legal in MD, and are probably technically way more "lethal" than the Linda is / was by dint of their caliber. It's just that they didn't get put on the "that's scary" list of "assault pistols" way back when - probably because they weren't very popular then.

This is probably it. Attaching the stock that we are talking about here to those short-barrel ARs makes them an SBR.

In Maryland, (and I'm sorry if I'm repeating crap you already know) an newly-made SBR must currently have an OAL of at least 29", measured without any non-permanent muzzle devices and with the stock in it's most extended position.

The advantage of the stock that's pictured in this thread for that use is that it looks like when you extend it all the way out you probably have a pretty nice long length of pull, and when you collapse it all down it's very, very compact which would make a nice thing for use on PDWs. It also uses a standard BCG and stuff, unlike say the Troy PDW stock which uses a special BCG and short buffer tube.

I have an 8.5" barrel AR pistol that I'm waiting on a Form 1 to come back to make an SBR from. Right now, because of the stupid 29" ruling from the Maryland State Police, I have to put a 7 position A5 buffer tube and a huge stock on it in order to make it meet the OAL rule. What I want to do is keep it as light and compact as possible. If this stock will give me the OAL I need it would be perfect, even if I don't love the tiny surface area of the shoulder pad.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm building an 11.5 SBR. The falkor stock should get me well beyond 29".

I'm also using a piston upper so the new srock should be compatible with piston bolts.

But it's nor available for sale as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom