• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    Is there anyone in MD. that can thread the end of a ruger .308 barrel? Thanks

RFD

Nov 22, 2012
    Baltimore
    Thanks ALL for the info. I found that I need to measure the barrel diameter at the muzzle to see if able to thread for 5/8-24 or 9/16-24.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I sent mine to Short Action Customs in Ohio. 1 week, door to door. The threaded the barrel, installed and timed a muzzle brake, and Cerakoted the brake.

I also sent a barrel to Long Rifles Inc in ND. 1 week, door to door. They threaded for a suppressor, made a thread protector, and Cerkoted the whole thing.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I sent mine to Short Action Customs in Ohio. 1 week, door to door. The threaded the barrel, installed and timed a muzzle brake, and Cerakoted the brake.

I also sent a barrel to Long Rifles Inc in ND. 1 week, door to door. They threaded for a suppressor, made a thread protector, and Cerkoted the whole thing.

Thats pretty damn good. How long ago was it?

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks ALL for the info. I found that I need to measure the barrel diameter at the muzzle to see if able to thread for 5/8-24 or 9/16-24.

You will want to thread to 5/8-24 if you can. Most muzzle devices will come in that thread pattern.

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I was looking to thread one of my .308 ruger m77s but after pricing it out I decided to just buy a factory threaded ruger american instead. You could pick them up for $300-400 before the panic.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Spend $300 to $400 for a new barrel, versus Short Action Customs charging $175.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom