• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Incidents like these are usually handed over to local LE by TSA for any charges. In this case, it might be just a case of local shore law enforcement being more willing to use discretion. I have little doubt if it were BWI he would have been cited.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Incidents like these are usually handed over to local LE by TSA for any charges. In this case, it might be just a case of local shore law enforcement being more willing to use discretion. I have little doubt if it were BWI he would have been cited.

In the past, all of these have been handed over to MSP, even issues at Hagerstown and other regional airports have gone to MSP, not just BWI. Wonder why this one didn't?

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    In the past, all of these have been handed over to MSP, even issues at Hagerstown and other regional airports have gone to MSP, not just BWI. Wonder why this one didn't?

MDTA handles BWI and standard fare there is a criminal citation catch and release for this type of incident. As far as this one, I have no idea who responded. But given the depleted manpower of MSP and potentially lengthy response times on the shore it wouldn't surprise me if the called they sent the sheriff's office instead.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    this is even more skewed than it appears to be. Not only did he have a firearm in his carry on, it was loaded and he doesn't even have a MD W&C permit!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    this is even more skewed than it appears to be. Not only did he have a firearm in his carry on, it was loaded and he doesn't even have a MD W&C permit!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Maybe he's a member here and has read the train wreck threads on how to transport a handgun on an airline....;)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    MDTA handles BWI and standard fare there is a criminal citation catch and release for this type of incident. As far as this one, I have no idea who responded. But given the depleted manpower of MSP and potentially lengthy response times on the shore it wouldn't surprise me if the called they sent the sheriff's office instead.

TSA has TSIs Transportation Safety Inspectors. One of their duties is to look at the situation and then they can asses a fine to violators. There doesn't have to be any criminal charges.

Feb 28, 2013
    This must not've been too widely reported. I listen to WICO while I'm down thar doin' my route, and ain't heard a peep about it.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Attempting to carry a loaded firearm onto an airplkane isn't legal anywhere.

Sure it is, pilots and Air Marshalls do it everyday. So do private plane owners. ;)

Hiding it in your carry on baggage is the no-no.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    He was also transporting it in Maryland illegally. How many laws did he break and what would the likely sentences be for for one of us "little people". Any one betting the gun that was confiscated some how gets miraculously returned to the Senator (probably hand delivered by a MD State Trooper).

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I heard about it probably 25 times today on the radio. Pettyjohn said he was concerned about his and families safety and left it in his suitcase unknowingly. The reports all indicated no charges were filed. I'm interested to see what becomes of this. Probably nothing. Now's their chance to cream a Republican and I don't think they have the stones to do it. Every Dembot that wants to hang out in slower lower will have to watch their backs because of the good old boy system. To much money getting thrown around near DE beaches to endanger someones own interest for something they all may be doing anyhow. Its over I bet, business as usual. Sussex and the mid shore are like the same place no big deal cept for the rank and file. There have probably been plenty of cases of people being caught carrying in MD from DE just nobody has graduated to trying to get on a plane yet. I think its funny. Itll just get tamped down into some BS apology statement for the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom