• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Hey Guys,

Do any of you have one of these? I'm still thinking about S&W's rebate on these. I have heard that they're known for light primer strikes though. Anyone had this issue? Is it only the older models?

Thanks!

K

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Mine is an older one and has been 100% reliable, although I don't really carry it much. it felt better in my hand than the LCP so I went with the BG at the time.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Had one with a laser. It was accurate, but the trigger was horrendous. It felt like I was about to pull it through the rear of the trigger guard before it released. Since 380 ammo costs more than 9mm and I like to shoot what I carry quite a bit, I sold it. The size was great for concealment though.

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Had one with a laser. It was accurate, but the trigger was horrendous. It felt like I was about to pull it through the rear of the trigger guard before it released. Since 380 ammo costs more than 9mm and I like to shoot what I carry quite a bit, I sold it. The size was great for concealment though.

Worse than the LCP?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Interesting. I got one of the M&P Shields and I can't say I'm a fan of the trigger. Although some or even all of it is probably me, I think the Shield really highlights shortcomings in my grip that my Glock 19 masks. The Shield really makes me shoot "low and left".

JC92

Aug 1, 2012
    MD
    It has a long trigger pull that makes it awkward for me to shoot well. If you have bigger hands, the awkward effect is even more pronounced. I have shot a Bersa 380 and the trigger was much better on the Bersa.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    FWIW......A&D Pawn on Crain hwy. Glen Burnie has a used one. I didn't look too close but I think it was $225 or so.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    Interesting. I got one of the M&P Shields and I can't say I'm a fan of the trigger. Although some or even all of it is probably me, I think the Shield really highlights shortcomings in my grip that my Glock 19 masks. The Shield really makes me shoot "low and left".

I put an Apex kit in my 9mm shield and it went from one of the worst to one of the best. It's sad you have to do aftermarket parts to a brand new pistol, but at least there are fixes available.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    People, it's a pocket sized .380 isn't it?

I have a pocket sized .380 from another brand and I really don't worry about the trigger. It's for up close and personal use as a last resort in situations where you can not afford to be seen carrying a firearm. It's also meant to have a really long trigger pull so you can carry right in your pocket. It's a special purpose firearm.

Don't expect much more out of it and worry less.

I put an Apex kit in my 9mm shield and it went from one of the worst to one of the best. It's sad you have to do aftermarket parts to a brand new pistol, but at least there are fixes available.

Yep. I just got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom