• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have small hands with short fingers. Wide grips and long pull triggers don't work for me. Hi Power is the only double stack I can manage. I installed a shorter pull trigger and extra thin grips on the P225.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I have small hands with short fingers. Wide grips and long pull triggers don't work for me. Hi Power is the only double stack I can manage. I installed a shorter pull trigger and extra thin grips on the P225.

my hands are the same size as a small womans. check out the glock 43. save some money, get a reliable gun with hundreds of holster options.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Find a good SW 3913 and switch the hammer out for a spurred one, done!

Modern pistols, I like the SW shields.

TD

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    my hands are the same size as a small womans. check out the glock 43. save some money, get a reliable gun with hundreds of holster options.

I've never really liked Glock triggers ( I grew up shooting SA autos -- what can I say) but it looks like it might be small enough -- I will give it a look.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I've never really liked Glock triggers ( I grew up shooting SA autos -- what can I say) but it looks like it might be small enough -- I will give it a look.

give it a try. "like" shouldn't have anything to do with a defensive firearm. reliability and accuracy should be the main concerns.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Trigger pull has a lot to do with accuracy

When you are slow fire, aimed shooting. Shooting from bent elbow at a close threat as fast as you can pull the trigger in an emergency, trigger pull means squat. You buying a range gun or a defensive one?

Clubw50

Aug 11, 2016
    I assume you're set on 9mm luger, but you might also consider a 9mm Makarov Polish P64 (with an easy spring replacement to fix the stock trigger) or Bulgarian Mak. I carry my P64 fairly regularly.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    I know this is way out there, but I have my heart set on a Nighthawk T4 9mm for carry, and I am saving every penny to get one, even though I might die first.

JHE1956

Apr 16, 2013
    Annapolis
    When you are slow fire, aimed shooting. Shooting from bent elbow at a close threat as fast as you can pull the trigger in an emergency, trigger pull means squat. You buying a range gun or a defensive one?

If I cant keep the in the black on the range, I don't want to carry it defensively.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If I cant keep the in the black on the range, I don't want to carry it defensively.

You have shot so badly with any pistol that you couldn't hit a silhouette? Maybe some instruction is in order. You are obviously doing something wrong.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    If you're considering striker fired single stack 9mm pistols for carry, try a Walther PPS M2 at the range. Shoots like a bigger gun and I bet the trigger breaks cleaner than the Sig P938 Single Action trigger (based on experience with my Sig P238). These two plus a Glock 43 would be an interesting range comparison. All are generally comparable in size and weight.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    You have shot so badly with any pistol that you couldn't hit a silhouette? Maybe some instruction is in order. You are obviously doing something wrong.

someone had to say it.

the industry has made it seem like the gun really matters.

you cant fix a software problem with hardware.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    The single stack 9mm WITH a hammer seems like a hard thing to find.

I started with a Sig, and absolutely hated DA/SA.

I moved to a Glock 19. I loved the trigger and shot well with it.

I needed a single stack since I now carry every day.

I shot the subcompact Glocks like crap.

I got a S&W Shield. I loved the feel. I didn't care for the trigger.

I bought an Apex trigger replacement.

Problem solved.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    In my opinion my decreased accuracy with my Shield compared to my Glock 19 has a lot less to do with the trigger than the recoil from a smaller gun. I still hit the silhouette with the stock trigger, but my half dollar groups with fast shot cadences aren't doable like they are with my Glock 19. I find the recoil much more noticeable in the Shield, especially with +P defensive loads. It's still nothing to cry about like my .454 Casull is, but it makes my shooting need to be a bit slower to maintain accuracy when compared to the Glock 19.

There is a tradeoff for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Asdfg12345

Latest threads

Top Bottom